Panasonic – Software Engineer (Payments)
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you’ll get to do:
The goal of the Payments Team is to provide buyers and sellers everywhere with a frictionless payments experience on our platform,
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining our payments platform processing high transaction volumes
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with payment providers and integrate new payment methods into our payment platform
- Implement and deliver new payment features leading to higher checkout conversion
- Build reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability and security of the payments system
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of industry experience building data driven systems, but we do realize quality of experience is more important than actual years.
- Experience developing APIs and integrating third-party services.
- Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: large systems software design, development of distributed or parallel systems, database design, machine learning, application development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience integrating with payment service providers (e.g. Stripe, Adyen, Marqeta)
- Familiarity with our tech stack (Kotlin/Java, CockroachDB, AWS, Micronaut, Spring Boot, microservice architecture)
- Hands-on experience building custom components with one or more ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Salesforce, or SAP Hybris).
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.