Software Engineer III
Software Engineering Team
The Software Engineer III is responsible for working in a mission-critical and growth-driven environment. Additionally, the Engineer III is responsible for the design, coding, unit testing, deployment, and documentation of various software systems supporting an industry-leading battery assembly line. The Engineer III will work closely with fellow developers, project managers, and multiple stakeholders in driving significant improvements in efficiency, delivery, resilience, and overall employee well-being across the company.
- Works with levels I & II to write quality test-driven and well-documented code in a highly collaborative environment across the entire software stack.
- Works with Sr. Engineers to design, maintain, and iterate on high-availability, low-latency applications relating to battery manufacturing.
- Pair remotely and in person with fellow developers.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of software trends and best practices
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of battery production operations
- Provide time-sensitive support and bug fixes
- Train both technical and non-technical staff in new software operations
Train and collaborate with engineers of different levels
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an engineering discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Preferred: None
- 5+ years of experience in an agile software development environment
- 5+ years of experience working with microservice-based architecture
- Exposure to CI/CD tools
- Proven experience with Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management processes.
- An ability to provide code reviews that are thorough, constructive, and insightful
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- An ability to proactively communicate with cross-functional teams, including internal customers
- An ability to influence change without direct authority
- Diligence in documenting metrics and interpreting them as indicators of data quality
- With a growth-driven and adaptable mindset, this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Must be willing to support applications during off hours in case of an outage
- Experience in both Frontend and Backend Development
- 4+ years of experience working with Postgres/Oracle or other Relational Databases
- 5+ years building/architecting RESTful APIs in node.js
- 3+ years in cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- 3+ years of experience in Typescript
- 1+ years of experience in Apache Kafka
- Exposure to working and maintaining Monorepos
- Alignment to Panasonic's seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 70%
- Walk: 10%
- Stand: 10%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
#LI- Reno, NV