Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight entertainment and communication products such as movies, games, live TV, WiFi and Internet services. We’re also expanding our award-winning GEO connectivity network into the LEO space.
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is developing a next generation platform that provides well-defined capabilities and services which reduce costs, allows the Inflight Entertainment and Communications (IFEC) ecosystem of PAC and Airline developers and third parties to quickly build applications, and integrate services to improve the passenger experience and generate additional revenue for airlines and Panasonic.
The position will require research, design, implementation, and deployment of platform-based Linux services for airline customers to be able to provision, instantiate, run, integrate and manage easily thereby reducing the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure.
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and collaborative Software Engineer with experience in embedded software development to join a talented team that conducts research, design and development of software running on Linux to power our latest products.
- Designs, modifies, and implements complex software solutions from functional and system design specifications.
- Codes, integrates, tests, debugs, and refines reliable and scalable software for IFE on aircraft.
- Develops software tools and subsystems to support software development, test, and reuse, and manages implementation for projects requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency and robustness.
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes system designs and interfaces.
- Prepares, reviews, and evaluates interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Assists in definition, analysis, and allocation of requirements.
- Documents designs in engineering documents including functional block diagrams and data/logic flow charts.
- Maintains the developed software efficiently through familiarity with software lifecycles.
- Provides leadership and/or technical guidance to lower-level engineers, designers and support personnel as assigned.
- Strong proven experience in C/C++ programming languages
- Good knowledge and experience in multi-threaded embedded software development.
- Proven experience in development under Linux.
- Ability to resolve complex problems quickly and efficiently. IFE development involves many system level issues including real time, performance and reliability requiring understanding of distributed processors in an embedded system environment. Many problems are multi-dimensional requiring non-traditional solutions to fit within the constraints of an embedded system providing highest value to the customer and end user to bring entertainment in an aircraft.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with user-centric, iterative design and development cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources such as system lab time and downstream process owners and tasks.
- Uses skills as a seasoned experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including concise written and verbal skills is a must.
- Familiarity with network security methodologies a plus.
- In-Flight Entertainment domain knowledge and System Development experience is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree is desired.
- 6+ years of embedded software development experience.
- 6+ years of current hands-on development experience in C/C++
- Experience in working with teams across time zones.
- Experience working in Agile scrum teams.
- May require travel up to 5% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
The salary wage range of $90,000 – $151,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
- Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.