Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting areas of our next generation In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product suite that utilize Android / Linux platforms, and multi-tiered, client-server technologies. Act as technical leader and mentor other software engineers and architects. Develop software architecture design. Partner and facilitate discussions between stakeholders.
- Develop and document end-to-end software architectures and strategies for IFEC products and features
- Define and communicate clear goals for the architecture including the reasons it was chosen, key attributes, risks and how the architecture meets them
- Define reusable application frameworks, reducing cost, complexity and overall maintenance of proposed solutions
- Recommend and develop architectural design patterns / frameworks that enable the chosen architecture and will be used by the development teams.
- Review existing designs and identify / implement improvements to existing systems
- Communicate the software architecture throughout the organization via presentations and architecture documents/diagrams.
- Interface with product teams on review of new features / products and provide guidance on the implications / work scope / feasibility of them
- Collaborate with development / test / integration / support teams on refinement/implementation/deployment of the chosen architecture
- Participate in detailed design and code reviews to ensure alignment with the chosen architecture and recommended design patterns
- Evaluate upcoming technologies, stay current with industry best practices and adapt them into the system architecture as needed to enable the product roadmap
- Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts and demonstrations to evaluate new architecture / technologies on the systems
- Provide technical leadership to junior software engineers in the areas of software design and implementation
The salary or hourly wage range of $128,000- 215,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ year’s architecture experience in complex embedded systems
- Excellent understanding of different architectural patterns (such as service based, event based, micro services, …) including pros/cons of each and when to apply them
- Experience with design / development of complex Linux / Android embedded systems
- Breadth of experience in varied technologies relating to topics such as: networking protocols, security protocols, distributed systems, high availability strategies, audio/video distribution, e-commerce, big data and analytics
- Very good understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns, and abstraction methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of systems design, architecture and implementing large business systems
- Experience in design / development of software on complex embedded systems from requirements to production / deployment
- Experience documenting architectures and familiar with related diagraming models (such as C4 model, UML, sequence diagrams, …) including when and why each is used
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal / collaboration skills
- Experience in Agile development process
- Experience with AWS Cloud Computing and IoT a plus
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.