Job Title: Shift Lead
Shift: Day Shift
Department: Electrode - Slitting
Category: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Shift Lead oversees the production operations, including assembly, machinery, processing, and/or packaging. Must coordinate the work of others under the supervision of a supervisor. The individual sets production schedules based on materials supply, staffing resources, and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
- Daily interactions with all operators on the production floor
- Schedule daily schedules and tasks with operators
- Must be able to adhere to production schedules
- Communicate with co-workers the status of the current product at hand which includes mixing, coating, pressing, and slitting QA results and damaged rolls and verbally communicating the results either directly or through a two-way radio
- Must be able to communicate with other departments when needed
- Must be able to deliver a detailed end of shift report for the next shift, and must be able to provide a detailed report when production output is below target
- Responsible for scheduling staffing needs for vacations and sick days with the operators
- Help and assist the maintenance tech on repairing and/or replacing equipment when needed
- Proactively schedule staffing for any downtime for clean-up, changeovers, and scheduled maintenance repairs
- Must adhere to company rules and policy
- Manage and coordinate raw materials for use in production
- Must be flexible with work shifts
- Must have familiarity with the 5S and Lean process
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Some High School
- Preferred: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Minimum two years of experience in a manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is required
- Must be able to pass a forklift, electric pallet jack and manual pallet jack certification
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Five (5) years of experience in a fast-paced high-volume manufacturing environment
- Must be able to operate all quality equipment related to mixing, coating, pressing, slitting, and Solvent Black (SB)
- Must be able to motivate team members, and work in a high performing team environment
- Will need to counsel and deliver performance appraisals to operators
- Must have a safety conscientious attitude
- In the absence of a supervisor, must be able to make safe, business minded, conscientious decisions when issues arise
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel and Word
- Must be able to use a computer to complete online learning requirements for specific competencies, access online forms and policies, and complete online benefits enrollment
- Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, and Manual Pallet Jack Certification
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 30%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 20%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Frequent
- Office Equipment: Frequent
- Phone Frequent
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.