Skilled Machine Operator II
Do you want to join a team that's changing the world? Do you have a strong background as a Skilled Machine Operator II? Then we're looking for you! Check out the job description and apply now! Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same vision. Join the PENA team today!
- Operates one or several Top Cap Assembly production machines.
- Assist the Supervisor in performing higher duties in the absence of the Shift Lead.
- Perform duties as a floater across all machines in the process area.
- Will complete any tasks needed to assist production including that of a higher or lower level position as needed or instructed.
- Responds to machine alarms quickly and safely.
- May call a halt to production if any safety or quality issues arise and notify the appropriate personnel
- Reads all Chemical SDS related to Top Cap and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Conduct proper line Start-up, Halt, and Shut down procedures.
- Meet all training, behavioral and attendance requirements.
- Able to conduct or assist the training of new hires on basic machine operation and troubleshooting.
- Wears proper PPE at all times related to the task.
- Has an advanced understanding of machine alarms and faults.
- Identify problems and minor troubleshooting in accordance with escalation procedures.
- Assist or perform duties of the Material Handler.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist the Shift Lead and Maintenance Technicians as needed while machine maintenance is being performed or about to be performed.
- Assist other team members in assessing and reducing defect trends on all machines
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners.
- Follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in Top Cap Assembly
- Prepares and maintains documentation as required in accordance with ISO9001 standards.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area according to Lean Six Sigma standards
- Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and through written documentation.
- Understands and demonstrates PENA High Performance Culture.
- Understand the metrics and sources of the departments SQCDP reports
- Conduct Shift Stand up meetings in accordance with PENA HPC standards.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
**The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job**
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School Diploma, GED (General Education Development) or equivalent required
- Preferred: None
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of two years previous experience in a manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly is required
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement
- Basic skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 40%
- Lift: 20%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
*The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.