Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
As a member of the SRE team, you will work on various aspects of infrastructure and tooling, including security and identity, kubernetes clusters, CI/CD systems, services federation, and mesh technologies. With an emphasis on developing feature-rich automation and intuitive observability to improve consistency and provide a cohesive technical infrastructure for the entire business.
We focus on solving problems across multiple engineering disciplines and non-engineering functions to drive common technology choices and shared best practices where possible.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Design and build tooling, automation, and services that enable productivity across the entire organization.
- Improve security posture of the organization by way of tooling, policy, example code, and publishing best practices.
- Design and automate lifecycle for cloud resources including EKS/Kubernetes, VMs, IoT Core, IAM users/roles, etc.…
- Design and implement observability solution enabling developers self-service debugging and alerting capabilities.
- Dive and support our IDP and SSO solution from corp network into cloud/production systems.
- Help to manage CI/CD systems, tooling, and general automation.
- Define, build, and evangelize best practices for a kubernetes based architecture.
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ or more years of system and site reliability engineering experience
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Knowledge of IDPs such as Google’s G-Suite and Okta
- First-hand experience kubernetes running in AWS
- Experience deploying microservices using an envoy based mesh
- Leading highly available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Infrastructure automation through code and general scripting (E.g., go, bash, python)
- Configuration management using Terraform
- Practical solid Linux systems administration skills in a cloud and containerized environment
- Experience managing cloud operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting, and notifications
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Experience leading discussions across teams regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.