Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, and career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Join a dynamic engineering team developing the next generation of In-Flight Entertainment systems. Your responsibilities will include Signal Integrity / Power Integrity (SI/PI) analysis for a wide variety of in-flight entertainment hardware including power supplies, monitors, tablets, network equipment, satellite equipment, and server computers. As part of this job, you will be responsible for detailed analysis work and the development of thorough reports.
You will be primarily responsible for performing SI/PI simulations for PCB designs and providing a summary of any issues uncovered during the simulation runs.
You will also provide guidance to EE designers on how to mitigate issues uncovered during simulations
• Perform signal integrity simulation, modeling, and analysis of both the system and board levels for high-speed interfaces such as SERDES, Ethernet 10G-KR, PCIe, USB, and DDR memory.
• Specifically – This position will focus on high-speed signal integrity modeling/analysis for board-level SI/PI performance, and you will be expected to provide recommendations for design optimizations to ensure that both signal and power integrity goals are met.
• Knowledge of high-speed interconnect design and analysis concepts such as SERDES, Ethernet 10G-KR, PCIe, DDR, and USB.
• Provide direction to the PCB layout and electrical designers early on in the project to eliminate/minimize any signal integrity-related design issues
• Attend preliminary and critical design reviews to ensure signal integrity suggestions were implemented properly. Verify nothing has changed in design to invalidate past findings
• Generate presentations and analysis reports for internal customers with an emphasis on design issues and proposed fixes, all while meeting tight schedules and strict cost targets.
• Contribute with your analysis findings to the update of analysis procedures and best practices
What we are looking for:
• MS in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 2 years of digital and/or analog design experience. Experience with the design of high-speed digital interfaces and/or DC-DC converters or AC/DC power supplies.
• Requires good understanding of transmission line theory and electromagnetic field concepts.
• Experience with analysis tools such as ANSYS HFSS, Mentor Graphics HyperLynx.
• Experience with silicon device modeling methods which may include IBIS AMI or Verilog-A.
• Experience with PCB layout concepts, which may include familiarity with tools such as Cadence Allegro and Mentor Graphics.
• Experience with board-level SI/PI measurement, able to characterize signal quality using TDR, VNA, and oscilloscope captures.
• Skillful in determining and develop requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches
• Exemplary technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to internal customers
• Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact within the team and outside the team
• Strong organizational skills to be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.