Oversee the physical operations associated with materials management to include: Shipping & Receiving related activities. Direct and coordinate all activities as they relate to the areas assigned. Lead department in a professional manner toward achieving company performance goals for schedules, quality and safety. Develop effective communications and a positive working relationship with other members of the Production team, supervisors and associates to assure positive teamwork. Strive for continuous improvement in all functions and capacities. Work with production planning, manufacturing and engineering to efficiently plan inventory.
- Must be able to maintain accurate and timely paperwork, inventory counts and reporting.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Keep warehouses well organized, clean.
- Be responsible for enforcement of Safety Rules and the development of ongoing programs to maintain plan safety. Improves safety through training & improving methods and tools, and facility upgrades.
- Fills, investigates, and takes preventive/corrective actions about incident reports.
- Manages corrective actions following safety audits. Manages preventive actions following recommends, safety audits, ideas, incident frequency, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent. BS in Manufacturing field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as Production Supervisor, Shipping Receiving Supervisor, Materials Supervisor.
- Strong background in a manufacturing environment. 5+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of Math, MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet
- Strong communication, leadership, decision making, problem solving skills.
- Bilingual Spanish-English preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate processes.
- Willingness to work an off shift and weekends, although hours and shifts can change based on business needs