About Panasonic Avionics
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
Health Insurance: Panasonic is ranked as a leader in the avionics field. Covering a higher percentage of the plans cost lowering employees out of pocket price compared to competitors. Education Assistance program. Available after employed 18 months.
401K Retirement Plan. With Panasonic match.
Under direct supervision, performs a combination of manual and clerical duties related to international and domestic shipping and receiving within the Repair Station warehouse.
- Uses computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting on shipping and receiving activities.
- Follows ATA 300 shipping practices and procedures, transportations schedules (including counter-to-counter) and other requirements.
- Processes customer repair returns and prepares outgoing goods for shipment.
- (Un)packs or (Un)wraps Panasonic IFE products, repair parts and assemblies, supplies and equipment. Verifies quantity, weight and conformance of materials with customer requirements.
- Processes airway bills, freight bills, packing sheets and other customer specific documentation.
- Reports materials shipped and airway bills of lading; posts weight and shipping charges, performs receipt inspections and routes material to and from destinations.
- Understanding of international shipping and INCO terms is a plus.
- Knowledge of various shipping software, i.e. DHL, Fed-ex, UPS, etc.
- Knowledgeable in using Oracle.
- Must be able to utilize various hand tools and follow established safety procedures.
- Familiarity with ATA specification number 300.
- Must be self motivated and contribute to 5S Lean Manufacturing and cost buster programs.
- Must be customer service oriented and responsive primarily to internal customers and departments for on-time delivery of product.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with all levels of internal management and support all departments when receiving or delivering packages.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Learns to use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Learns to identify and communicate ideas for process improvements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent internationally recognized qualification.
- 0–3 years of shipping/receiving experience.
This role will not provide applicants with sponsorship employment benefits or work visas.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.