Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Daily interactions with all Operators on the production floor.
- Schedule daily schedules and tasks with Operators.
- Must be able to adhere to production schedules.
- Communicate with co-workers the status of the current product at hand, mixing QA results, coating QA results, pressing QA results, slitting QA results, and damaged rolls, verbally either directly or through a two-way radio.
- Must be able to communicate with other departments when needed.
- Must be able to deliver a detailed end of shift report to the next shift, and must be able to provide a detailed report when production output is below target.
- Responsible for scheduling staffing needs for vacations and sick days with the operators.
- Help and assist the maintenance tech on repairing and/or replacing equipment when needed.
- Proactively schedule staffing for any downtime for clean-up, change-overs, scheduled maintenance repairs.
- Must adhere to company rules and policy.
- Manage and coordinate raw materials for use in production.
- Must be flexible with work shifts.
- Must have familiarity with the 5S/Lean process.
- High School Diploma required. 5 years of experience in a fast-paced high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Must have some experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to operate all quality equipment related to mixing, coating, pressing, slitting, and SB.
- Must be able to motivate team members, and work in a high performing team environment. Will need to counsel and deliver performance appraisals to operators.
- Must have a safety conscientious attitude.
- In the absence of a supervisor, must be able to make safe, business minded, conscientious decisions when issues arise.
- Must be able to pass a forklift, electric pallet jack and manual pallet jack certification.
- Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask or respirator, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net.
- Must be able to lift 50lb ingredient bags. Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects. Must be able to lift 50lb ingredient buckets.
- Must be able to work up to 12-hour shifts.
- Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to read and understand English instructions, written and verbally.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.