Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking a ServiceNow Application Administrator to assist in our Kansas expansion project. The ServiceNow Application Administrator will own Best Practice solutions within ServiceNow. The ServiceNow Application Administrator will be responsible for positioning the business processes to leverage ITIL Best Practice solutions by utilizing ServiceNow standard solutions and integrated applications to minimize custom development, thus allowing for standard ServiceNow upgrades and patches, without putting the business solutions at risk.
- Assists with internal implementation of the ServiceNow platform and key components
- Be able to translate Technology, Operations, and Support process requirements into functional specifications for configuration
- Work with internal resources and external system integrators to ensure base functionality and data are resident within the current ServiceNow instance
- Establish operational procedures around customer set up, oversight, and review to ensure the ServiceNow platform enables the Enterprise Application Services Team to achieve customer management success
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of ServiceNow
- Works with the key business unit contributors to understand platform roadmap and how to apply enhancements
- Works closely with the ServiceNow Executive Sponsor and associated management teams to determine organizational rollout of features to address internal business challenges
- Identifies any stale or delinquent tasks within the ServiceNow application
- Prepares and delivers a variety of standard and customized reports across relevant business units
- Installs and configures ServiceNow managed packages/Apps
- Coordinates with the PENA Help Desk to ensure accurate Customer contact records are established, onboarded, and supported
- Works closely with business stakeholders to capture, discuss and design new ServiceNow enhancements and business process
- Prepares and delivers standard and custom end user training
- Provides routine support and user maintenance
- Maintains excellent communication with all end users
- Promotes service excellence
- Utilize ServiceNow Best Practices to provide the business with technology required to perform day to day business functions
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners and has an advanced understanding of business functions and current systems
- Manage integrated functionality and technology dependencies, usability, reliability, performance, and support requirements
- Verify the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and develop strategies for improving these systems
- Understand and create business process flows
- Creates/facilitates project documents, working directly with the project teams or customers.
- Review technical development documents to ensure Panasonic standards are followed
- Compiles and summarizes advanced organizational and process information from the business partner, including a good understanding of business terminology
- Adheres to IT standards and processes
- Assist in development and execution of Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing scripts
- Creates presentations and demonstrations
- Performs advanced data collection tasks and leads in requirement gathering/collection
- Directs the creation of training documents/materials and leads business partners’ training sessions
- Recommends creative ways to solve advanced business partners’ needs
- May work on multiple projects as subject matter expert
- May perform some of the duties of an IT Quality Assurance Analyst or acts as a Project Manager on small projects
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree desired in Business or IT curriculum
- Preferred: None
- Minimum 4 years of experience in IT functional areas and in corresponding business operations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret advanced business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of advanced algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to consider enterprise issues while developing solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of business workflow and requirements.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Understand and promote standard ServiceNow Solutions (ITSM, Change Control, Agile, and Project Management)
- Identify, research problems
- Determine logical solutions by leveraging expertise and experience
- Be creative/innovative
- Be detail orientated
- Exercise confidentiality
- Have a service mindset
- Promote teamwork
- The ability to influence and persuade management on areas of business improvement is a significant competency.
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Panasonic Energy is expanding to Kansas after demonstrating exceptional performance Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems. This role is located in De Soto, Kansas and is responsible for the next phase of Panasonic battery manufacturing for Tesla and Lucid.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. We continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy.