The Service/Contracting Operations Manager functions as Service and Contracting Team Leader, responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of the service and contracting fulfilment processes with the aim of driving operational excellence. Responsible for management of P&L responsibilities towards the achievement of specific budgetary objectives, business development, and furthering of Hussmann Behaviors for Success and safety cultures.
1. Responsible for managing project management lifecycle, including sourcing, estimating, bidding processes, resource alignment, with focus on driving customer satisfaction and business diversification.
2. Responsible for managing internal and external customer satisfaction, including investigating concerns, issue resolution, and communications. Customers may include technician, support staff, management, internal departments, union locals, and clients.
3. Responsible for maintaining and achievement of operational financial and budgetary objectives, including project margin, expenses, and P&L ownership.
4. Responsible for supporting and enforcing safety culture and behaviors across all levels of branch organization as well as external contractors; including active participation in safety committees, site visits, inspections, communications, and investigations.
5. Development, execution, and support of training and development opportunities for direct reports, in addition, to support and execution of performance management and corrective action processes.
6. Ensure utmost compliance with all applicable legislative requirement and regulations in all branch processes, procedures, and equipment.
7. Responsible for monitoring, measuring, and support of process improvement initiatives to ensure effective, timely, business operation and fulfilment of customer demand.
8. Responsible for warehouse management of branch resources, including inventory, tracking, reconciliations, and fleet requirements.
9. Works with department managers to meet operational demand through identification and utilization of required skill sets, talents, and capabilities.
10. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: Bachelors degree OR Five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred level: Masters Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 5-10 years
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong background in management/supervisory function, in addition to oversight of P&L responsibilities.
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with AS400 or Oracle preferred.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours, as required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Travel within the region as required.