Significant signing bonuses available for Service Technicians!
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
About this Role:
You will maintain, diagnose and repair refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will work with minimum guidance. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Perform prescribed, routing maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Responsible performing preventative maintenance compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Acquire knowledge through on-the-job training which includes new product development, service bulletins, computer-based training and issues.
- Communicate promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to use a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat an orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable).
- The ability to identify and use the standard tools of the trade, including refrigerant recovery equipment.
- Develop excellent customer relationships.
- Report to Field Service Manager or Area Service Manager
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period of time.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- Will work nights and/or weekends.
- Experience leading others in the workplace.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School/GED and Completion/Certification from an HVAC-R Technical School or 1+ years of experience in HVAC or HVAC-R; Preferred level: Technical DegreeMinimum Years of Experience Necessary: 1+ years experience with Tech Degree
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program