Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
- Perform prescribed, routing maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Responsible performing preventative maintenance compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing with direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Acquire knowledge through on-the-job training which includes new product development, service bulletins, computer-based training and issues.
- Complete necessary documents (work tickets and timesheets).
- Demonstrate ability to use a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat an orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines (if applicable).
- The ability to identify and use the standard tools of the trade, including refrigerant recovery equipment.
- Maintain excellent customer relations.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the management team.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School/GED and Completion/Certification from an HVAC-R Technical School or 5 years of experience in HVAC or HVAC-R
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 1 year min experience with Tech Degree
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period of time.
- mechanical aptitude.
- Can work nights and/or weekends as required.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC.
- EPA Certification.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
- Good Judgement and paperwork skills.
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
Service Technician - Qualified
As a global policy, Panasonic does not recognize resumes or other application materials submitted from staffing agencies and search firms outside of our system. Therefore, please do not submit resumes or other application materials through the external Panasonic web site or directly to our employees. Any resumes or other application materials submitted through the external web site or directly to employees of Panasonic or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates will not be eligible for any agency fee, and the resume and other application materials will be added to our database for direct recruitment.
Panasonic assigns only certain positions to approved staffing agencies and search firms that have a current agreement with Panasonic in place. Not all positions are eligible for an agency fee.
Join our Talent Community!
Not ready to apply? Joining our talent community not only provides you with job updates but insider peeks on some of the innovative technologies you could work on.