About this Role:
You will maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will work with minimum guidance. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Have enough system knowledge to match customer needs with potential sales opportunities.
- Manage truck inventory, part orders, customer billing and part installation.
- Manage assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintain a clean vehicle, perform required maintenance.
- Communicate promptly and effectively.
- Use hand-held device to complete necessary paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Use mirror and flashlight to check all joints, install PVC drain pipe, set and trim cases.
- Install and adjust glass doors and frames.
- Use temperature sensors and gauges.
- Determine proper coil layout in complex boxes and locate refrigerant leaks.
- Identify pipe size and fittings by sight.
- Perform system refrigerant and oil conversions and test oil during conversion and electric weld a variety of metals and joint types.
- Troubleshoot and correctly size thermostatic expansion valves.
- Working knowledge of pressure regulators as they pertain to pressurized gasses.
- Report to Field Service Manager or Area Service Manager
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period of time.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting and repair.
- Will work nights and/or weekends.
- Experience leading others in the workplace.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School/GED and Completion/Certification from an HVAC-R Technical School or 5+ years of experience in HVAC or HVAC-R; Preferred level: Technical Degree; EPA Universal
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 5+ years of HVAC or HVAC/R experience
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.