Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Supply Chain Specialist II role is a versatile and key role within a global aviation services supply chain organization operating on a 24 7 365 basis. Responsible for maintaining Target Stock Levels throughout a network of airline service locations, repair shops and distribution centers. Activity includes managing material forecasts and taking actions to provision new stock and manage reverse logistics processes for repairable stock to achieve stock availability objectives at the lowest cost and within applicable service level agreement requirements. Position also has a role in communicating with internal and external customers through multiple channels, phone, email, chat, EDI, etc. regarding needed parts support. Customer requests include a wide range of supply chain topics including customer parts purchase, loan or exchanges, resolving shortages, logistics management, repair and supply work prioritization, etc.
Inventory Management and Optimization
- Leverage service parts optimization system to achieve target stock objectives across global network of aircraft service locations, repair shops, and distribution centers, while managing supply exceptions as they occur.
- Analyze applicable supply chain data to validate recommendations of planning system while overriding demand projections when needed based on analytics and situational awareness.
- Take proactive actions to maintain stock objectives across network of global stocking locations through management of reverse logistics and prioritization of parts repairs, new parts purchases, and site to site stock transfers in order to meet commercial obligations.
- Manage resolution of issues raised by customers or planning system alerts regarding projected parts shortages through actively taking needed actions to prevent potential future shortages from occurring.
- Prioritize solutions to shortages that have already occurred resulting in parts-based deferrals on in-service aircraft, lack of parts to complete repairs, and/or missing any SLA commitments.
- Act as first point of contact with both external and internal customers to meet and resolve a wide range of customers supply chain related parts needs and issues.
- Receive, review and process customer new parts purchase orders while offering alternative solutions such as parts loans, exchanges, access to used parts when new parts supply may not provide the best solution to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate product deliveries with Customs group and third-party suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders per PAC commitment dates.
- Process and drive complete resolution of critical and high priority external and internal parts demands.
- Work independently or with a team during work period to actively monitor and resolve roadblocks across a wide range of topics to meet Service Level Agreement, SLA objectives.
- Ensure that all Aviation Authority requirements are adhered to, pursuant to customer and PAC Quality requirements.
- Accurately maintain wide range of data inputs and records.
What We’re Looking For:
- Solid knowledge of ERP type systems plus Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on strong Excel skills.
- Flexible, multi-task oriented and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated customer service skills around positive communication, detail orientation, successful customer issue resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with a diverse multi-level organization and global customer base.
- Works under limited supervision. No instructions needed for routine work; general instruction or guidance provided on new lines of work or special or more complex assignments.
- Works on varied assignments that are moderately difficult or moderately complex, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations within established process.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Some college, vocational school, or certification in assigned area preferred.
- 4 years experience in demand fulfillment and inventory planning required Experience in logistics and data analysis preferred.
- Experience in aircraft or electronics industry preferred.
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time at a PC using repetitive motion in the operation of a mouse and keyboard.
- Ability for up to 5% travel domestic and internationally required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.