Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for planning and managing programs to meet service delivery commitments and financial performance of contracts, as well as quality and cost-related goals. Reviews customer technical requirements, identifies tasks, assigns and coordinates resources and creates/tracks project schedules. Ensures clear communication and timely resolution of issues by collaborating with customers, internal staff and outside third parties. Provides overall support for programs for long term success and acts as champion for customer satisfaction. Ensures consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures, company policy and airworthiness regulations.
- Ensures that superb communications between Panasonic and Customers are established and maintained including regular follow up status reviews and correspondence.
- Liaise with PTS and Regional Sales and Marketing teams to develop executable Panasonic Technical Services (PTS) program plans for pricing by PTS Sales and Marketing.
- Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members to ensure contracted programs are planned and executed while exceeding customer expectations.
- Conduct regular team meetings to ensure that action item logs are kept and integrated schedules are managed, visible and followed.
- Chair and coordinate program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews.
- Monitor program schedules commitments and direct appropriate personnel in addressing or militating against possible impacts(s) or change(s).
- Liaise with Operations Management and Quality Assurance Management to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Track and prepare financial and operational reports regarding service program performance to ensure corrective actions are in place and managed as appropriate.
- Review and assist in the development of maintenance processes and practices in accordance with the relevant NAA written policies and procedures of the Customer and PAC to ensure effective financial and business operations.
- Coordinate with different departments to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, and cooperate with all regulatory agencies and their representatives.
- Work with Regional Operations Management to coordinate labor requirements and opening or closing of new stations within the assigned regional area.
- Ensure that all assigned stations perform to PTS standards.
What we’re looking for:
- minimum 3 years of Program Management experience
- Proficient in the use of Windows operating system and MS office suite of software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)..
- Ability to manage a 24/7 maintenance operation.
- Good project management skills. Advanced user of Microsoft Project is highly desirable.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Aircraft Maintenance license a plus
- May require travel, up to 20% of the time to domestic and/or international locations.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.