Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity! How exciting would it be to be a part of the technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Responsible for planning and managing programs to meet service delivery commitments and financial performance of contracts, as well as quality and cost-related goals. Acting as project team leader and technical expert, reviews customer technical requirements, identifies tasks, assigns and coordinates resources, and creates/tracks project schedules. Ensures clear communication and timely resolution of issues by collaborating with customers, internal staff, and outside third parties. Provides overall support for highly complex programs for long-term success and acts as a champion for customer satisfaction. Champions significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity. Ensures consistent and proper business processes are followed in accordance with departmental procedures, company policy, and airworthiness regulations.
- Ensures that superb communications between Panasonic and Customers are established and maintained including regular follow-up status reviews and correspondence.
- Liaise with PTS and Regional Sales and Marketing teams to develop executable Panasonic Technical Services (PTS) program plans for pricing by PTS Sales and Marketing.
- Develop and maintain program plans that identify work scope, schedules, milestones, and program team members to ensure contracted programs are planned and executed while exceeding customer expectations.
- Conduct regular team meetings to ensure that action item logs are kept and integrated schedules are managed, visible and followed.
- Chair and coordinate program team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews.
- Monitor program schedules commitments and direct appropriate personnel in addressing or mitigating against possible impacts(s) or change(s).
- Assist with Operations Management and Quality Assurance Management to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Involved in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Track and prepare financial and operational reports regarding service program performance to ensure corrective actions are in place and managed as appropriate.
- Review and assist in the development of maintenance processes and practices in accordance with the relevant NAA written policies and procedures of the Customer and PAC to ensure effective financial and business operations.
- Coordinate with different departments to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Ensure that certification and technical data requirements are defined and coordinated.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, and cooperate with all regulatory agencies and their representatives.
- Work with Regional Operations Management to coordinate labor requirements and opening or closing of new stations within the assigned regional area.
- Ensure that all assigned stations perform to PTS standards.
Service Program Lead
- Leads work teams to ensure program financial and operational health of complex customer programs.
- Develop performance requirements for optimal long-term success of customer programs and to enhance company reputation among customers and suppliers.
- Provide training including assignment of projects and tasks.
- Prepares and delivers effective presentations to various audiences, including Senior Management.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ work experience in Aviation Maintenance and/or Program Management.
- 2 years’ experience in Team Lead position or Supervisor position, including project and team management.
- 3 years’ work experience in aircraft industry highly desired.
- In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) experience highly desired.
- Aircraft Maintenance License desirable.
- Valid A&P, EASA, CASA, GCAA or appropriate licensing specific to region
- Must possess expert level technical knowledge and skills for resolution of complex technical and business matters.
- Excellent team leadership skills, utilizing specialized knowledge and skills.
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from Manager.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates the activities of other personnel.
- Proficient in the use of Windows operating system and MS office suite of software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent project management skills. Advanced user of Microsoft Project is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, highly presentable, and be able to interact with multiple levels in the organization and customers.
- Confident leader who excels at creating and leading successful outcome-oriented teams.
- Works well under pressure and must be comfortable working with people from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Outgoing, self-motivated, well organized and detailed oriented.
- Creative problem solver and able to resolve conflicts and filter conflicting agendas to determine path forward.
- Working knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- Ability to manage a 24/7 maintenance operation.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.