Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Digital Product Management team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Product Manager who will drive the execution of new and existing digital products to build market-driven, engaging experiences and solutions for Panasonic Avionics customers.
You will need to understand customer requirements and be responsible for driving and synthesizing these into product features and roadmaps. You will help define business requirements and lead a cross-functional product team to meet functional, cost and schedule goals.
This position will create buy-in with both internal and external stakeholders and serve as a focal point within the organization regarding products, life cycle management, market, competition and strategy for a specific product line. You will create business requirements documents and work with development teams to scope, plan and build new features, tools and workflows.
- Position products to achieve business objectives
- Develop pricing guidelines for digital products, creating demand and achieving revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share goals
- Develop business cases and customer proposals for all new product opportunities
- Work with Sales & Business Unit leads to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts
- Successfully champion product launches through requirements, development and commercialization
- Own the financial success of new products launched
- Manage product lifecycle performance, product quality/delivery/reliability, cost reduction, obsolescence, and strategic resource allocation
- Understand and articulate customer needs, build associated business cases and prioritize product requirements; synthesize data from various sources to inform product decisions, alongside good intuition and prior experience
- Coordinate and synchronize product initiatives across different internal efforts by establishing shared vision and building consensus on common components
- Lead cross-functional product teams and drive collaboration; understand interdependencies to help define product priorities
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units
- Explore alternative technology and approaches to solving problems
- Break down problems, document problem statements and estimate efforts
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences — internal teams, external partners and PAC's senior leadership
- Work with Product Management Process leader to mature Product Management roles in cross-functional decision making, such as, pricing, make/buy, R&D prioritization, design reviews, manufacturing reviews, supplier qualification, IP protection, IP licensing, M&A
- Proficient in new product development process, lifecycle management, VOC, and development of business plans for products and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends, competition
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up product decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to influence others
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis; Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track revenue results.
- Ability to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Pragmatic Marketing experience/certification
- Agile methodology
- Familiarity with experience prototyping and other creative ways to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
- The ability to manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing or computer science disciplines
- 4+ years of product management experience with a track record of building and launching successful products
- Experience working with airlines, or elsewhere in the aviation, travel or related business areas would be beneficial
- Experience with inflight moving map, content or multi-media products is a plus
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.