Service Product Line Manager
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The Service Product Line Manager for Content Operations will work closely with the other Service and Technical Product Line Managers for Live TV, Games and Content Services to define the operational strategy for management, delivery and reporting needs for new and existing content/media services, including planned product enhancements. The SPLM will work with both internal resources and external organizations to ensure overall business and service requirements are supported by systems and processes that manage our operational needs in an automated, time and cost efficient manner. Operational solutions must be driven through to execution, with well-defined implementation plans, including cost, schedule and dependencies clearly addressed to support customer satisfaction, cost saving and revenue generating targets. The SPLM will also create, define and manage a Digital Asset Management solution to support all media services.
Service Product Line Management
- Define and manage the strategy for development and implementation of operational solutions that support PAC’s existing and future content services business.
- Ensure strong understanding of current and planned content services to ensure that operational solutions remain relevant, appropriate, drive value and are competitively sourced.
- Define, author and maintain product requirements and system descriptions for the required operational solutions; This may include an enterprise wide Content Management System, and tools for Digital Asset Management and Licensing Reporting functions, as agreed with SPLMs, other PLMs, customers, or system/technical leads.
- Create, identify, and continually refine content operations plans (requirements, phase in/out plans, target market, segmentation, service marketing, roadmap) that provide the best return in terms of customer satisfaction, long-term company growth (sales and profit) and technical solutions.
- Work with engineering, MCS, suppliers and customers to oversee the design, development, prototyping, integration and launch of operational solutions for PAC content services.
- Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams focusing on delivering new or upgrading existing operational solutions.
- Work with content services SPLMs to define criteria for approach to content management, including recurring content selections; Work with business intelligence team and other sources to ensure integration of relevant data to drive this approach.
- Work with internal and external partners to develop tools and processes for efficient and cost effective management of content selection activities.
- Continually monitor and negotiate commitments with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth rollout (development milestones, introduction rates, offerability, etc.).
- Maintain current status of customer requirements for existing and future content services.
- Assure the content operations strategy, including roadmap and service details is communicated, understood and implemented internally throughout PAC.
- Participate and present in select meetings with airline customers to ensure PAC services are well articulated and that we gather feedback to drive ongoing service development.
- Participate in system/service discussions by either capturing service directives or presenting operational requirements.
- Establish, build and manage relationship with relevant business partners and suppliers, including contribution to negotiations with designated partners/vendors.
- Ensure execution and integration plans are clearly communicated and agreed with partners/vendors.
- Assure product and business strategy is well understood in both companies.
- Identify and resolve any issues which may inhibit implementation of the plan and on-time delivery of operational solutions.
- Identify and resolve any obsolescence, End of Life (EOL) and phase out plans.
- Key focus on mitigation of customer service issues (internal and external) and communication to ensure resolution is timely and prevents issues form reoccurrence.
- In depth knowledge of content/media management is required, particularly demonstrable experience in operational fields (for example development or management of CMS).
- Strong experience of IFEC is a definite plus, including the ability to collaborate with technical teams to develop and communicate next-generation innovations and service strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, customers and a diverse range of internal organizations via all methods of communication.
- Ability to negotiate and drive customer and PAC priorities into agreements with content partners.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a service line from initial research through execution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams supporting a product or service line lifecycle.
- Ability to articulate service marketing requirements for their implementation.
- Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally without direct organizational management responsibility.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends and competitive landscape.
- Proficient in the use of mainstream PC desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, Project).
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, and developing business strategy.
- Excellent presentation, communication and customer skills.
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time and may be tasked with ensuring work of others is completed in a timely manner.
- 4-year degree, preferably in Business, Media Management or related subject.
- 2+ years of experience in an operational role in a media or entertainment related businesses.
- 1-2 years in a position with customer relationship or marketing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Service, Product Line Management or Product Development experience.
- Experience working with airlines or in the aviation industry is a plus.
- Up to 25% travel time, domestic and international