Are you creative and innovative? Do you thrive on providing superior customer service? Our ideal candidate will contribute with passion and excellence to build and strengthen our computing environment in a facility that is the first of its kind.
Help Desk – 90%
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer-centered quality support and service ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT related issues with desktops and laptops, printers, and other technology peripherals, as well as Windows OS (7 or greater), Office 365, MS Outlook, and more.
- Address/resolve IT incidents/service requests and/or escalate to the appropriate upper Tier IT teams when necessary; promptly enter / prioritize / track / monitor/ update and resolve all tickets received via the IT Service Desk tracking system, telephone calls and/or walk-ups.
- Support the Desktop Support team in fulfilling more immediate needs, as necessitated by ticket volume, such as moving equipment and assisting with projects.
- Create and maintain local site IT systems documentation.
Compliance – 10%
- Ensure compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including but not limited to SOX compliance.
- Exercises good judgment by involving management in resolving customer issues as necessary.
- Escalates unresolved customer issues in a timely manner.
- Reports to management team status of environment on a regular basis.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: 2-year degree in IT/ Technical Training is preferred but can be substituted for equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Help Desk / Customer Support center operations.
- Excellent customer service skills which you will use to establish working relationships and to provide superior support to all levels within the organization.
- Outstanding communications (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain/ present technical information and effectively train/advise customers on information technology issues.
- Approachable and adaptable, this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Our ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience with various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): desktops, laptop, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, wired & wireless networking, VPN and Antivirus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access,
- Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.