Service Desk Technician I
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Are you creative and innovative? Do you thrive on providing first-rate customer service? PENA is looking for a Service Desk Technician who will contribute with passion and excellence to build and strengthen our computing environment in a facility that is the first of its kind. This role is focused on providing white glove service to all our team members, ensuring they have a world-class experience with the IT department.Responsibilities Include
- Providing outstanding customer-centered quality support and service ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Under general supervision, performing standard tasks using established methods, principles, concepts and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to Service Desk activities.
- Deploying new and upgraded computer equipment to customers. Physical installs/placement of equipment, cabling, data backup and transfer, imaging, basic to complex configurations, standard to complex application installations, validation and testing. Also, will prepare old devices for disposal or redeployment.
- Accurately documenting instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal in the Service Desk system.
- Performing hardware/software troubleshooting and repairs remotely or in person on desktops/laptops, printers and mobile devices while meeting the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Resolving questions or issues, referring only complex matters to higher level.
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of local site IT systems documentation.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ensuring compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including but not limited to SOX compliance.
- Exercising good judgment by involving management in resolving customer issues as necessary.
- Escalating unresolved customer issues in a timely manner.
- Reporting to leadership on the environment status regularly.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience troubleshooting various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): desktops, laptops, printers, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, wired/wireless LAN, VPN, antivirus and mobile devices.
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred but may be substituted for equivalent experience.
- HDI Desktop Support Technician and/or ITIL Foundations Certified.
- Solid knowledge of Service Desk / Customer Support center operations.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Extremely self-motivated and highly organized.
- Excellent communication (both spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain/present technical information and effectively train/advise customers on information technology issues.
- Approachable and adaptable, this is a fast-paced environment where priorities are constantly changing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, take equipment on and off shelves repeatedly, work around and under desks, climb several flights of stairs and stand/walk frequently for extended periods of time.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience troubleshooting various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): desktops, laptops, printers, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, wired/wireless LAN, VPN, antivirus and mobile devices.
- Experience supporting enterprise environments where computing reliability is mission critical.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America. #LI-CB1