Who We Are
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Principal level expert, utilizes advanced or unique skills in area of systems architecture and satellite control systems with principal responsibility. Designs a complete and complex architecture for satellite-based communications framework, and system design including end to end requirements and technical roadmap, testing and operational evaluation requirements. Conceives system interfaces and business application and creates proof of concept. Creates roadmaps to migrate from current design to optimal performance. Defines system implementation approach and operational concept. Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development and next generation initiatives.
Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Independently develop and govern appropriate architecture solutions and enhancements for planned system deployments and improvements.
- Independently research and, as part of architectural team, evaluate systems solutions for communications and monitoring of satellite, ground support systems, and related communications networks.
- Establish and refine systems and software specification of existing components in terms of meeting overall system requirements.
- Define components of complete system and (end-to-end) testing requirements as they apply to satellite communications and support systems including operations and monitoring.
- Consult and work with architecture team and RF teams to establish connectivity support systems and create and support systems 5-year plan.
- Take role of Product Owner with respect to incremental software feature development and guidance of respective teams.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with organization’s executives, decisionmakers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Conduct advanced or theoretical case studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions including Proof of concept specification and execution.
- Participation in business continuation activities
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services and oversee work of outsourced services.
- Design programs and certification to mentor and evaluate other members of technical team.
- Specify acceptance criteria and playbook for deployed system performance and in-service performance with intent of recommending and guiding solutions to satisfy our customers.
- Continually and relentlessly pursue improvements for next and current deployments.
- Lead efforts to troubleshoot and analyze system issues.
- Provide support in establishing and maintaining procedural maintenance and change management for architectures.
- Work as member of process teams to specify and refine architecture configurations
- Ensure change management procedures are adhered to
- Participate as lead to architecture review boards
What we’re looking for:
- Expert understanding of satellite systems, radio signal propagation, RF communications, and Antenna systems
- Expert architectural and technical documentation skills
- Expert analytical skills and the ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with the operation, troubleshooting and design of systems.
- The ability to quickly learn, comprehend and document communications systems of considerable complexity, working in radio system, control system (software) and network operations.
- Expert knowledge of embedded software, specification, development, and test.
- Advanced understanding of cloud architecture and capabilities of at least one major cloud provider
- Advanced understanding of security best practices
- Proficient in Agile software development practices
- Proficient in DevSecOps concepts
- Use and presentation of spreadsheets and PowerPoint for depiction of System architecture and software.
- Ability to lead cross functional, and third-party contract teams, to achieve key milestones and objectives for complex projects.
- Works as an expert/advisor within communications systems and cross functional teams, frequently serving as a consultant to peers, customers (internal or external), and management.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges or regulatory issues; develops solutions that require the use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and architect their development and integration into products and systems.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs independent of management.
- Acts as evangelist and advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works on advanced, complex projects or business issues. Lead development of new methodologies and principles.
- Highly proficient in business acumen such as Business Case and P&L, OpEx, CapEx, ROI, NPV etc.
- Excellent management skills and project planning and leadership skills
- Ability to perform network and RF signal inspection and analysis plus new product certifications
- Detailed knowledge of one or more programming languages and programming standards. Able to perform code inspections and reviews. Understanding of self-testing preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of security protocols and message processing.
- Detailed knowledge of IP communications, switching and routing.
- Four-year university degree Electrical Engineering, Physics, Analog Engineering, Systems
- Engineering, Computer science. Military or other Degree program would be considered in lieu of degree.
- 12+ years relevant experienced in complex software system design and architecture, including satellite communications and control systems, networking architecture and systems engineering experience
- On-call availability
- Occasional inspection of cabling in floors and ceilings
- Manipulation of moderately heavy objects, such as systems and peripherals
- Domestic and international travel will be required (up to 10%)
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.