Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Senior Wireless Architect who will be an integral part our global communication service provider network engineering team. This team provides Architecture & Design for Panasonic in flight communication growth at a large scale and is the IP foundation for our next generation satellite multimedia communication service. The SME in the comprehensive Wifi roaming domain, includes Passpoint/HS2.0, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA, EAP-TTLS, and 3GPP wireless network knowledge domain. Provide documentation as it relates to architecture plan, roadmap, design, evaluation and test plan, and configuration standards. Excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of the network.
- Develop and lead of appropriate architecture solutions/enhancements for planned system deployments and improvements.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology and recommend roadmap and long-term technical strategy.
- Independently research and as part of architectural team, develop and evaluate WiFi roaming, Wireless Access Gateway, Billing, and revenue assurance. Support 3GPP HnB nodes/interfaces life cycles management.
- Define components of complete system and (end-to-end) testing requirements as they apply to network intelligence solutions.
- Work with cross functional architecture team in optimizing end to end solution.
- Take role of Product Owner with respect to incremental software feature development and guidance of respective teams.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to evaluate products and services.
- Work with team to maintain occasional written and in-person communications with organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Conduct case studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions
- Evaluate and recommend new products and present to the IT Steering Committee. Provide advanced multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills and experience in technical architecture and design.
- Develop network automation, orchestration strategy and architecture plan.
- Align with Principal architect/engineer vision and roadmap, independently create 3GPP and WiFi roaming network design
- Lead wireless network design efforts on technical solutions for complex projects, integrating multiple technologies and with broad, strategic impact across multiple business and technology areas.
- Provides analysis of network performance, network reliability and identify opportunity for improvement. Drive out inefficiencies, proposes and designs ground network system to drive cost savings in airline customer facing network systems.
Network Evaluation & Test:
- Create network unit and integration test plan
- Test wireless network devices and solutions, include new architecture proof of concept test, change procedure test, upgrade regression test
- Create architecture research plan and report
- Create design document
- Create configuration standard document
- Create test plan & report document
- Participation in business continuation activities
- Configuration and troubleshoot training to operation teams
- Leverage experience to provide mentoring to other members of technical team where necessary.
- Provide tier-4 support to operation team
The salary range of $128,000 – $215,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Engineering/Computer Science.
- 10 - 12 years of experience in wireless cellular network design, implementation, and telecom business support system (BSS) Must have extensive experience and knowledge of Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) protocols such as RADIUS and IEEE 802.1X standards.
- Must to have strong knowledge or experience on PCRF, PCEF, Quota manager, Mediation, Billing platform, etc.
- Must to have strong Unix/Linux system administrator or engineering experience.
- Nice to have experience with Tomia or Digital Route, Salesforce, B/OSS systems.
- Nice to have experience with WLAN and WAP.
- Nice to have experience with virtualized implementation (SDN/NFV) of Network/Telco nodes under NFV, OpenStack, etc.
- Nice to have knowledge of Evolved Packet Core/System call flows and interworking.
- Nice to have working knowledge on routing protocols, such as BGP, OSPF, QoS, MPLS and MPLS VPN, etc.
- Must to have exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments.
- Must to have strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Must to have strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills.
- Must to have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network.
- Must to have self-motivated, Self-Reliant, Self-Starting, Go-Getter, Attitude of ownership, and A strong desire to learn.
- Must to have works well in an engineering environment that requires communication and collaboration with fellow team members, and cross function teams.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program. Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate