Panasonic – Senior UX Researcher
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Senior UX Researcher you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to build new mobile apps, services and a data platform from the ground-up. You will help us stay focused on the user. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings. You will collaborate to solve complex problems and craft intuitive, beautiful, and useful experiences.
In addition to executing research fundamentals flawlessly, you will help create workflows and processes for a dynamic, fast-moving, agile company to ensure the creation of high quality, high performance, scalable software.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Define and guide team UX processes, methods, and culture to drive collaboration and innovation.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience. Preferred: Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.