SENIOR UX DESIGNER
Panasonic Avionics is designing the future of In-Flight Entertainment. We like to think of travel as the fourth place – an experience that goes beyond entertainment to creating a comfortable and personalized habitat centered around the passenger powered by strong vision, market insights, latest technology, big data and algorithms. We are looking for talented designers to be a part of the team helping to bring about this industry and air travel transformation. Successful candidates will be joining our growing UX team to create experiences on the web, mobile and embedded devices for wide variety of users including passengers, flight crew, operations, content creators.
Responsible for creating compelling designs targeting a variety of users including passengers, cabin crew, maintenance personnel and content managers. Take complex and oftentimes very technical tasks and transform them into intuitive and easy-to-use designs for web, mobile and embedded environments.
- Drive the complete user experience design process for one or more products in parallel from research to delivery.
- Bring a mix of strong visual aesthetic with an ability to understand how to make a complex product feel simple and intuitive.
- Collaborate with our Airline Partners as well as teams of Designers, Engineers and Product managers throughout the design process.
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as usability studies, contextual inquiries, interviews, and surveys.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Communicate ideas using a wide variety of methods from wireframes, user flows, journey maps, to prototypes and polished design specifications.
- Demonstrates savvy with respect to latest industry trends, tools and practices
- Strong working knowledge of user mental models, task-flow/state-transition diagrams, storyboarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines
- Ability to handle curve-balls and drive to a consensus on a design direction with multiple objectives and parties in play.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written). Must be able to clearly articulate a user experience vision to internal leaders and present to client.
- Prior experience conducting primary user research, prototyping and usability testing.
- Proficiency with professional design tools. (e.g., Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in User Experience Design, Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction).
- 5+ years of hands-on interaction design and user research across the entire product development cycle
- Solid portfolio demonstrating an understanding of interaction design and information architecture
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America