Panasonic NextLab – Sr Utility DER Advisory Program Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
NextLab identifies, builds and brings to market new Software solutions—connecting today’s disjointed ecosystems on the market—through leveraging Software and Hardware assets across the global Panasonic.
- Support Panasonic smart city utility advisory clients (currently Portland, Tampa, Denver, Toronto)
- Link Panasonic efleet aggregation and control software architecture approach to business and strategy objectives with focus on utilities, electric vehicle fleet charging operators, and fleet operators.
- Support development of related business models including market research, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and go-to-market strategy
What You’ll Bring:
The Panasonic NextLab team seeks experienced Senior Utility DER Program Manager to support the development and implementation of our utility-clients’ DER, e-mobility, and smart city strategies. This includes managing a high-touch relationship with senior utility leadership and project managers, engagements with cities and real estate developers, and third-party vendors in conjunction with the NextLab team. Quarterly travel to Smart Mobility Office in Denver is likely and as needed to client sites (subject to COVID). This position reports to the Head of Smart City Utility Advisory.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or related analytical field (Master’s / MBA preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in DER / electric mobility / energy consulting.
- Experience regularly advising C-level decision makers on highly technical and business strategic topics;
- Exceptional understanding of the utility DER landscape, including both regulated and unregulated utility expertise.
- Expertise in utility product/program development and implementation, rates and regulatory structures, and driving utility business model evolution is required.
- Extensive subject matter expertise across one or more distributed energy resource technologies including solar PV, storage, batteries, electric vehicle charging, building energy management systems, demand response, as well as software aggregation and control (DERMS/ADMS) technologies
- Experience leading requirement gathering and confirmation workshops, and similar activities, with high-level stakeholders on the client side;
- Proven track record of leading sales pursuits and developing new business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships across an organization to align insights to each line.
- Experience working for B2B companies.
- Experience with creation and analysis of financial models and go-to-market strategies.
- Experience designing energy systems a bonus.
- Market research and competitive landscape analysis
- Understanding of utility regulatory standards (new and evolving)
- Energy Markets expertise (DER participation on wholesale markets)
- Well-developed core consulting skills of research, analysis, presentation, and attention to detail
- Aptitude to grasp new concepts and effectively produce results
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Team player comfortable leading by example, and directly contributing;
- Fast mover - build an environment that compress time and speeds decision-making to produce results faster;
- Comfortable working in a global environment across time zones and cultures;
- Superb written and verbal communications skills, comfortable presenting to C-level stakeholders as well as leading internal development teams;
- Ability to be self-directed and be an independent contributor to the team
- Work can be performed remotely. Team is spread between Denver, Portland, Sacramento, Milwaukee.
- Travel for research post-Covid up to 10%.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $150,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.