Panasonic – Senior Tax Accountant
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Are you a tax professional experienced with Federal, State and International compliance? Do you enjoy collaborating with multiple teams and stakeholders? If so, come and join our diverse and skilled team of tax professionals where you will collaborate with Accounting heads, auditors, finance and accounting teams and develop in-depth knowledge of our various industries and subsidiaries.
What you will get to do:
In the role you will be working with Federal, State and International Compliance for all Panasonic Divisions and Subsidiaries including preparation of Tax Provision under FAS 109.
- Internal Tax Settlement
- Preparation of Federal and State Income Tax Returns for all assigned companies
- Preparation of International Income Tax Returns
- Quarterly Federal and State Estimated Tax Payments
- Preparation of Tax Provision under FAS 109
- Analysis of Deferred Tax Assets for all PNA companies
- Preparation of Tax Journal Entries for PNA companies
- Analysis of uncertain tax positions under FIN 48
Tax Planning and Research:
- Perform required tax research to assist business partners in resolving various tax matters.
- Assist with tax minimization initiatives
- Implement and maintain State Tax Matrix to provide business partners with an overview of state income tax minimization
Federal and State Audits:
- Compile all necessary information to respond to Federal Audits
- Work with Senior Tax Manager and State Auditors to complete state audits
- Assist Tax Software Administrator with Federal and State Tax Returns – E-Filing
- Prepare APA Financial Data to comply with annual reporting requirements
- Training of Accounting Personnel on preparation of Tax Packages for Federal/State/International Income Tax Returns, Provision and Quarterly Estimates
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting required, Master in Taxation or Accounting preferred but not required
- 5 to 9 years of related tax experience in public accounting or private company
- Knowledge of Corptax ETS preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel required
- Prior experience with SAP a strong plus
- Internal with PNA Accounting Department for assigned companies.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.