- Work with leadership and identified subject matter experts to assess training gaps and needs and build training programs using adult learning methodologies to ensure maximum training results
- Design, manage, implement, facilitate, and evaluate multiple talent development and training programs for exempt employee teams that drive the required performance
- Schedule and coordinate training classes to ensure knowledge is learned by identified timelines
- Ensure all levels are trained to meet or exceed established performance standards. This may include management development and domain expertise programs
- Ensure all learning data is tracked and measured and reported through proper metrics presentations for all Talent Development activities and programs
- Confer with management to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and better understand changes in PENA policies, procedures, quality, and safety procedures
- Develop programs or job aids that support the business needs and meets deadlines
- Ensure all materials have the most current information via applicable internal business collaboration
- Partner with team to enhance new hire training and new employee support focused on accelerating the trainee with defined metrics around trainee effectiveness and role readiness
- Administer audits and evaluations to determine the success and retention rates of the material being trained and adjust programs to bring about improvements
- Build and maintain effective business relationships in support of talent development initiatives
- Generate credibility with other functions and employees through engagement, listening, and developing robust, but practical solutions along with excellent follow-through
- Demonstrate speed in response to organizational needs to keep pace with the growth of the organization – in many cases “done is better than perfect”
- Support the talent review processes, to deepen visibility to high potentials within the organization
- Support change-management efforts with practical frameworks built for multi-cultural audiences, while not getting lost or losing others in theory
- Help teams visualize and improve the employee experience to capitalize on the career growth opportunities in PENA
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Org Development, Instructional Design, or related field
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a training, content development, LMS administration, instructional design and/or content facilitation capacity
- 2+ years of experience serving on a talent development team; HR/leadership development experience a plus
- Ability to work with and report on training data and analytics
- Demonstrated capability to develop and facilitate engaging and interactive instructor-led training
- Demonstrated LMS proficiency
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience utilizing content development software programs for content design/resources
- Experience with new hire orientation, leadership development, mentorship, and coaching programs
- Knowledge of adult learning principles including how to successfully train and present, including classroom management
- Genuineness of character. Humility and high self-confidence to listen without ego, and advocacy for the important things. Willing to roll-up sleeves. Positive energy
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments
- Familiarization with competency modeling and career pathing
- Demonstrated capability to develop and deliver quality training and development solutions to an employee base - moves quickly through needs assessment to implementation with high standards of excellence
- Proven ability to recognize and address multiple stakeholders
- Flexibility – critical for a start-up environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, and Project
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement mindset
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- ATD, DDI, or other training certification preferred to demonstrate training development and facilitation proficiency
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.