Panasonic – Senior Systems Engineer – Technology Deployment
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This role will work with Panasonic’s State Department of Transportation (DOT) customers to elicit needs and requirements for the deployment of Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) Roadside Units (RSU) and Onboard Units (OBU). This includes the planning, development, and management of appropriate deployment documentation. Additionally, this role will refine and scale the processes, tools, and team required to perform technology deployments at scale on DOT right of ways and within managed vehicle fleets and general-public vehicles.
- Manage V2X technology (hardware/software) deployment process, customer needs/requirements elicitation, documentation, plans, and associated approval process
- Work in concert with a Project Manager to write and manage Statement of Work (SOW) contracts and Request for Proposals (RFP) to manage hardware install subcontractors
- Lead customer technical meetings and support Project Management meetings with technology deployment content and status
- Work with the Installation Team and/or Operations and Maintenance Team to resolve any technology deployment issues and ensure continued operations meeting our Service Level Agreements
- Support ad-hoc management, customer, or contractor interactions, questions, and requests
- Identify future opportunities to support customers and extend V2X capabilities to advance market adoption, including participation in standards activities and industry events
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field required
- 5-10 years related experience with customer requirements elicitation and/or management
- Experience with government clients and contractor management
- Experience developing systems engineering documentation such as IEEE 1362 ConOps, IEEE 1233 Requirements documents, ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010 Architecture descriptions, and ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3 Test Plans/Reports.
- Experience with the development, deployment, and/or support of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology such as V2X On-Board Units (OBU) and Roadside Units (RSU) is preferred.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) and tools (e.g. Jira, Jama Connect) preferred.
- A candidate with a Systems Engineering background and an INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional certification is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and ability to manage meetings
- Self-starter with customer-focused mentality needing little direction to identify needs and solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Technical skills required (MS Office, database skills – e.g. SQL, requirements management software)
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- GIS experience preferred
- Familiarity with modern PKI security models and security applications required for ITS systems preferred.
- Highly collaborative
- Clear, concise, and timely communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly to customers, suppliers, and within the team.
- An empathetic approach to communication to customers and stakeholders
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups frequently.
- Can travel up to 25% (to customer and supplier sites)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.