Panasonic – Senior/Staff Accountant, Treasury
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Financial Data Management:
- Prepare journal entries
- Process inter-company / divisional transactions
- Verify validity of monthly allocations
- Review and approve coding of operating expenses
- Manage in month/quarter/year-end financial results in internal treasury system (PATRES) and internal accounting system (WING, EVA-net), Loan & Deposit Report, Financial Report Packages preparations
- Prepare accruals and other adjusting entries
- Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost-efficient operation.
- Lead Group Companies’ administrative procedures and operational matters.
Controls and Compliance:
- Ensures full compliance with Panasonic Japan HQ (PCHQ), PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Conducts initial internal control evaluations
- Investigates, resolves or reports to the Accounting Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Reviews and interprets accounting policies and procedures
- Identify and research account discrepancies
- Verify inter-company assessments
- Define and post reclass entries as needed
- Review general ledger accounts and correct journal entries
- Perform account analysis, such as, but not limited to: balance sheet accounts, Expense and salary accruals, Department expense analysis, Prepaid and insurance, Employee relocations, travel advances, etc
- Assist in performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Prepare customs analysis / reconciliation
Budgeting and Reporting:
- Prepare financial reports and related statements, charts, tables and other exhibits
- Assist in budget / forecast preparation
- Identify areas for process improvements and makes recommendations to Management
- Work cross-functionally with Tax, Consolidation, and the other Group Companies for Treasury matters.
- Control the documentation and storage of UWC, RFA, agreements and other necessary documents.
- Assist with various issues and instructions from Panasonic Japan based on global corporate policies
- Assist in responding to the inquiries from both external and internal audit process and other necessary procedures.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 4 years of experience in related field or equivalent
- CTP or a combination of Big4 or other top accounting firm and treasury experience a big plus
- Experience with ERP Systems, preferably SAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines with the utmost attention to details
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Major Strengths: Learning, Thinking and Passion for the Best Results
- Other Key Strengths: revenue recognition, accruals, reserves, liabilities
- SAP, Excel, Power Point, Power BI
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.