Oversees the people, product, budget, & process activities of the engineering design teams at the project, program and operational level for small to large scale PASA business pursuits. Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Conducts the re-allocation of resources across projects as necessary to support changes in PASA’s business direction.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for the talent acquisition processes for Software Engineering across multiple technology areas including: Cybersecurity, Functional safety, Audio, Receiver, Networking, Safety, Manufacturing, Operating Systems, Architecture, Navigation, UX, ADAS, Vehicle Networks, System Services and other areas as required.
- Engages with cross-discipline teams to drive proper workforce planning to meet the needs of the business.
- Collaborates with active engagement with Human Resources and Purchasing to identify and onboard talent for both Internal and 3rd Party resources.
- Participates in interviews for both direct and non-direct positions. Direct reports may additionally include engineers with supervisory responsibility for team members.
- Accounts for the ongoing quality of talent in the business unit – for both internal and external resources. Ensures that measures are in place to ensure continued growth and excellence of the engineering team.
- Ensures performance expectations are clear to the individuals within the project/program. Specifically, ensures that the project/program’s strategic and operational goals are clear to all and that individual accountabilities and objectives are aligned to support achieving overall project/program goals.
- Identifies high-potential talent within project/program and follows through with additional developmental plans. Establishes a formal learning and development plan for all employees and track progress.
- Manages, plans and forecasts Overhead expense on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, in-line with the ITMT approved direction. Be able to identify and implement savings for assigned projects, relative to overall budget.
- Governs that all direct reports are properly allocated to PASA approved projects in conjunction with other business units.
- Reviews and tracks progress of direct reports Planned vs Actual effort on projects and makes corrections as required.
- Ensures all individuals within the project/program are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills.
- Identifies mentors for all new associates and also acts as a mentor to team members as required.
- Identifies employee relations issues and develops action plans that address the root cause through training/coaching/policy clarifications.
- Leads ethics compliance for direct PASA associates. Provides input to new process definition documents.
- Understands, and can explain to the team, how Software Engineering projects align with company Strategy & Goals.
- Provides on the job training and coaching of staff to engineering required processes are followed on projects.
- Supervises fixed and non-cap asset tracking process. Maintains database of all engineering assets issued to PASA employees.
- Administers departmental request for approvals (RFA) to support PASA business objectives. Ensures RFA’s align with company direction.
- Creates and reports forecasting accuracy monthly score-card for aforementioned departments and review with stakeholders monthly. Holds budget managers accountable for inaccurate forecasting.
- Acts as primary lead for EARS system including resource/budget forecasting, Purchase Order creation, and on-boarding.
- Leads and ensures accountability of team to drive and participate in all relevant standards around Security, Safety ISO26262, Process ASPICE and others as required.
- Manages, plans and forecasts Fixed Assets, per department AOP. Able to justify fixed assets with Return on Investment justification.
- Conducts and participates in all requested company / customer mandated audits. Utilizes team members as necessary and ensure team members have the necessary experience and training.
- Handles internal customer feedback survey for all work requests which is used for continuous improvement.
- Develops project level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of projects in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning tools.
- Allocates engineers as requested by PASA Management to support the pursuit of new business and customer requested Proof of Concepts (PoC). Develops resource mitigation plans to ensure that current in-flight project is not negatively impacted.
- Ensures engineers to obtain necessary training and experience to pursue new and emerging technologies.
- Researches and implements new technologies through engagement with other disciplines and direct team members. Performs readout of these emerging technologies and opportunities to Executive Management.
- Tracks headcount budget for direct engineering department and ensures that Planned vs Actual budget is aligned. Creates a mitigation plan for deviation from budget and presents to executive management for approval.
- Manages, plans and forecasts sub-contractor expense on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, in line with PASA direction
Four-year college degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.
Ten (10) years of direct engineering design related experience in automotive or electronics industry, utilizing any of the Systems, Software, Electrical, Mechanical development roles.
Three (3) years of demonstrated budget and talent management experiences, preferably leading engineering project teams.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.