Manages the people, product, budget, & process activities of the engineering design teams, focusing on the management of the software / systems side of IVI or other software intensive project/programs.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develops project level engineering resource plans to meet the development requirements of the product in the form of work breakdown structure resource planning tools.
- Manages the project level engineering timeline plan to meet the development requirements of the product in the form of critical path timing planning tools.
- Manages the project level product development design dependencies between departments to meet the product specification requirements.
- Manages project level activities in analyzing key product indicator data & trends to improve the product quality & development process.
- Managing, planning, and forecasting for resources, material expense, third party vendor expenses, and fixed assets in an effort to identify and implement savings for assigned projects, relative to overall budget.
- Ensures that performance expectations are clear to the individuals within the project/program. Specifically, ensure that the project/program’s strategic and operational goals are clear to all and that individual accountabilities and objectives are aligned to support achieving overall project/program goals.
- Identifies high-potential talent within project/program and follow through with additional developmental plans.
- Identifies employee relations issues and develop action plans that address the root cause through training/coaching/policy clarifications.
- Four-year college degree in Software, Electrical, Computer Engineering or related degree required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of full lifecycle embedded software development experience in a relevant product design.
- Five (5) years direct experience interfacing and managing external customers.
- Minimum five (5) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated budget and talent management experiences, preferably leading engineering project teams.
- Additional desirable experience includes familiarity with Configuration Management, CMMI or Automotive Spice, Agile, Extreme Programming and FMEA.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must have technical background experience with at least two of the following: SOC (Systems on Chip), OS/BSP (Board Support Package), HMI tool sets (Kanzi, Unity, Android Studio, Qt etc.,), Android/Linux/QNX, Open Source or Application development.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.