Responsible for assuring that HMI solutions are successfully integrated into the infotainment head unit product, on time with high quality to multiple customers. Provides direction to on-shore and off-shore development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write unit level test frameworks and test cases. Utilizes strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA, suppliers, and PASA’s customers for design reviews and to track project status and communicates with team and management regarding development activities, project schedule, cost, monthly budget forecasting updates, issues, and risks.
- Coordinates software development activities with other software teams and collaborates with local engineering teams to analyze requirements, designs and maintains HMI integration frameworks for infotainment projects with on-time and high quality deliverables to multiple customers.
- Works with HMI component suppliers to analyze requirements and develop interfaces to other modules.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- Communicates project status through reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information to team and management.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Initiates, recommends and provides solutions through designated channels.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products. Minimum two (2) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Proficient with C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD), Java, Kotlin / Flutter, Makefiles, Android toolchain and build environment.
- Proficiency with Android app development or having published apps on Android app store is must.
- Having Android middleware and framework development experience including but not limited to flingers, Audio handling, Media app development, SXM, Radio, Tuner and other applications would be helpful.
- Knowledge of other automotive domains like Speech recognition, Audio, Media, Radio would be an added advantage.
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment
- Experience integrating or developing an integration framework for any one of the following HMI solutions: EB Guide, Qt/QML, HTML 5 would be helpful.
- Knowledge of Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect or other UML modelling tools would be helpful.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems specifically Git/Gerrit, RTC.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
- Experience operating in a collaborative matrix organization.
- Strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to others.
- Working knowledge of IDE’s including Eclipse, Android Studio, Flutter, Kotlin.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.