Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
You will work in a small team of engineers to build new web experiences from the ground-up, as well as integrate new features. You are expected to be a hands-on developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable solutions. You will be expected to work equally between design and hands-on development. You will work closely with mobile, services and other client developers to define and provide the appropriate APIs.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Lead complex technical or product efforts involving many engineers
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Build awesome web experiences using React.js, Next, Typescript
- Internalize the user and promote good usability and accessibility in every experience
- Be nimble and react quickly to changing business conditions
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience or other evidence of exceptional ability
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
- Thorough understanding of React.js and the web as a whole
- Testing with a modern test framework i.e., jest, enzyme, cypress, puppeteer, etc.
- Experience with a strongly typed language (TypeScript)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, Yarn, etc.
- Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and SEO.
- Strong CSS skills w/ experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques
- Experience with communicating to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.