Leads and develops Android and Linux software components for the E-Cockpit Domain Controller. Works with global software development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write test cases for unit testing. Will utilize strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA, suppliers, and PASA’s customers for design reviews and to track project status.
- Coordinates software development activities with other software teams and provides technical guidance to Middleware domain engineers.
- Collaborates with Middleware teams to analyze requirements, designs and maintains Middleware integration for infotainment projects with on-time and high quality deliverables to multiple customers.
- Responsible for delivering design documentation, code, and unit tests and meet production deadlines.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Assures best practices and design patterns are used consistently and appropriately.
- Participates in in-vehicle software evaluations and analyzes requirements and develops interfaces to other modules.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Supports project leads in monthly budget forecasting updates.
- Manages external companies and resources that may be contracted to provide industrial design services including creative and fabrication services.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience with full life cycle embedded software development in electronics; or a minimum of ten (10) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics.
- Experience integrating or developing solution with Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
- Experience with Android Framework, Android Native Services and AOSP build tools.
- Proficient with Java, C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Experience with Linux usage and GNU build tools.
- Experience with Agile development process.
- Strong debugging skills. Proficient with GIT, Gerrit.
- Knowledge of vehicle power-moding, software update, and inter-processor communication serial protocols.
- Experience working with 3rd Party Software suppliers.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.