Responsible for full software life cycle development meeting scope, budget, schedule and quality requirements for PASA’s software product line/products. Provides direction to on-shore and off-shore development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write unit level test frameworks and test cases. Utilizes strong project management skills including planning, tracking to that plan, and communicating status to both internal and external customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for developing, defect fixing and maintaining cluster middleware components and VIP components.
- Responsible for developing and maintain framework components, including developing test apps.
- Experience with hypervisors would be an advantage.
- Experience with C++14 would be preferred.
- Good to have Automotive domain knowledge, Adaptive and Classic Autosar, AGL, Yocto, Bitbake, systemd, QNX micro-kernel basics, resource managers knowledge.
- Good to have knowledge of CAN, LIN and other stack.
- Responsible for software project planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, launching and maintenance.
- Reviews customer requirements in automotive head units, reviews feasibility, and resolves specification open issues with OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
- Coordinates with suppliers to analyze requirements and develops interfaces to other modules.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between PASA and suppliers for design reviews and to track project status.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure they meet acceptance criteria
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
- Minimum two (2) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
- Working knowledge of integrating or developing an integration framework using any one of the following or equivalent tools: Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, or other Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.0 modeling tools, design patterns
- Working knowledge of high-end embedded Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)’s such as Linux, Android, etc.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of design tools.
- Experience working in Microsoft tools.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical/Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance
- Relaxed Dress Code
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with our without reasonable accommodations.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.