Panasonic – Senior Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Senior software engineer designing, developing and debugging full-stack platform software working in a team environment. Candidate must be proficient with .NET / C# and will be working with advanced technologies, integrating and interfacing hardware to the software platform. The candidate needs to be located in the Rochester, NY area..
- Develop enterprise platform software using Microsoft .NET / C# environment, building RESTful API’s for web services, using technologies such as Entity Frameworks, LINQ, Angular and DevExpress. Interface & Integrate the latest Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) hardware to the software platform.
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle, focusing on designing, implementation and debugging software solutions.
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and testers using a scrum based agile software development methodology
- Work closely with product managers to understand requirements and design software solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work with QA to debug software issues and ensure robust software quality
- Building RESTful API’s for web services
- SQL Server database schema & query design
- Develop robust, multi-threaded product software, preferably on Windows
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment, developing commercialized production software
- Use unit testing tools, profilers, continuous integration and GIT
- Work with sales & field engineers to develop integrated software / hardware solutions for customer requirements, and to support escalations from customers for field issues.
What You’ll Bring:Education & Experience:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years’ of experience developing product-based end-customer software
- Minimum 8 years’ of that software development experience working in a team environment
- Experience with device layer software and integrating with firmware a plus.
- Experience working with customers to support production installs, customer implementation support and escalation support is a plus.
- Experience with workflow engine design (i.e. event bus, message queues, rules engines), and other technologies typically found in N-Tier business applications
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.