Act as AutoSAR/Global B Subject Matter Expert and develop the software programs which integrate into OEM customer’s product. Leading both domestic and international development teams to develop new features, fix defects and write test cases. Utilizes project management skills including planning, tracking, and communicating status to both internal teams and to external customers.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Writes software requirements for the microcontroller software for OEM customer’s products.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings between with suppliers, and customers for design reviews and to track project status.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Follows technical domain lead’s design direction for implementation, and applies best practices.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs technical strategic planning to assist in continuous growth efforts of the PASA vehicle and foundation software team.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of ten (10) years of full life cycle embedded software development in electronics products.
- Minimum three (3) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Proficient with C, C++, Python
- Experience in microcontroller and microcontroller peripherals Experience in implementing, configuring and integrating MCAL drivers. Experience in implementing and integrating complex device drivers.
- Experience in implementing, configuring and integrating AUTOSAR interfaces and validating and integrating third party AUTOSAR/Global B release.
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
- Ability to review hardware schematics.
- Have a understanding of ISO262262 and develop safety compliant software.
- Understanding of GHS multi compiler and AUTOSAR, CAN configurator tools
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
- Experience with display layer management such as blending / composite, scaling, de-interlace and color conversion with HW accelerated engine. Technical skill to manage graphics related development such as layer management, and troubleshooting graphics performance issues in embedded systems.
- Experience with MATLAB tools
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.