Panasonic – Senior Software Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Lead architecting the data platform
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Plan software releases and release schedules
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain production-level services in the cloud
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, PM and UX teams
- Mentor/manage data platform engineers
- Evaluate and incorporate new cloud services as and when appropriate
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 12+ years experience building backend services or data platforms
- 3+ years of experience in building high performance data processing infrastructure taking into account concurrency, latency and efficiency by profiling, reviewing logs etc
- 10+ years of experience with Java, Scala or Kotlin
- Evidence of architectural or design influence on backend services
- Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Experience with highly concurrent, highly available, and highly fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Deep experience building data platforms such as on AWS or Azure or GCP
- Strong fundamentals on SLDC such as code reviews and CI/CD systems
- Proven track record of shipping services in production environments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience in Big Data and data warehouses using tools such as Spark, Storm, RedShift and Kinesis.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.