Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting areas of our next generation In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product suite that utilize Android / Linux platforms, and multi-tiered, client-server technologies. Act as technical leader and mentor other software engineers and architects. Develop software architecture design. Partner and facilitate discussions between stakeholders.
- Develop and document end-to-end software architectures and strategies for IFEC products and features
- Define and communicate clear goals for the architecture including the reasons it was chosen, key attributes, risks and how the architecture meets product and business requirements
- Define reusable reference architectures, application frameworks, reducing cost, complexity, and overall maintenance of proposed solutions
- Recommend and develop architectural design patterns / frameworks that align with overall architectural standards and enable development teams.
- Review existing designs and identify opportunities for improvements to existing systems
- Communicate the software architecture throughout the organization via presentations and architecture documents/diagrams.
- Interface with product teams on review of new features / products and provide guidance on the implications / work scope / feasibility of them
- Collaborate with systems engineering / development (HW/SW) / test / integration / security / support teams on refinement/implementation/deployment of the chosen architecture
- Participate in detailed design and code reviews as necessary to ensure alignment with the chosen architecture and recommended design patterns
- Evaluate upcoming technologies, stay current with industry best practices, and adapt them into the system architecture as needed to enable the product roadmap
- Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts, and demonstrations to evaluate new architecture / technologies on the systems
- Provide technical leadership to software engineers in the areas of software design and implementation
- Lead evaluation of commercial and open-source technologies working with vendors and partners and provide recommendations
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent understanding of different architectural patterns (such as service based, event based, micro services, distributed systems including pros/cons of each and when to apply them
- Experience with architecture / design / development of complex Linux / Android embedded and distributed systems
- Experience and In-depth knowledge of systems design, architecture and implementing large scale transactional and business systems
- Experience with architecture / design / development of software and content distribution over the air (OTA)
- Experience with architecture / design / development of complex distributed web and mobile products using open source and cloud technologies such as application servers, web servers, API Management, databases, CDNs, Caching, service mesh, containers, and orchestration platforms
- Experience with leveraging DevOps as an architectural and design construct for design / development of products and applications
- Experience with complex database models using Relational and Non-Relational database systems
- Experience and good understanding of networking protocols, security protocols, distributed systems, high availability strategies, and analytics
- Experience Architecting using Object-Oriented concepts and design patterns
- Experience with end – end life cycle of complex embedded and distributed systems from requirements to production is a big plus
- Experience documenting architectures and familiar with related diagraming models (such as C4 model, UML, sequence diagrams)
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal / collaboration skills
- Experience in Agile development process such as Scrum or SAFe
- Experience with AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Computing and IoT a plus
- Experience with GoLang is a plus
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ year’s architecture experience in complex, highly transactional and scalable applications
- 5+ years’ experience architecting using AWS, Google or Azure Cloud environments.
- 10+ years’ experience using RDBMS such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, or similar and No-SQL databases such as MongoDB, SQL Lite, AWS Dynamo DB, or similar
- 3+ years’ experience using Messaging and Streaming technologies such as JMS, MQ, Kafka, or simila
- 5+ years’ experience using design and productivity tools like Visio, draw.io, lucid charts, MS-Office, etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience using DevOps tools like GitLab, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, or similar.
- AWS Cloud Certification or other cloud certification is a plus
- Certification with Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF, or similar is a plus
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.