Senior Software Architect
The successful candidate keeps the big picture in mind while laying out the architecture and system composition of our solutions. You have hands on experience implementing architecture for multiple tier and distributed Linux systems. Partner with development teams and Technical Product Owners to ensure a scalable, reliable architecture.
You will be responsible for architecting areas of our next generation In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product suite which is on a journey to Open Source Architectures and Cloud. Be a leader through example, creating solid relationships with engineering teams, Technical Product Owners, planning and leadership teams.
- Define reusable application architectures and automation frameworks, with an emphasis on separation of concerns, the DRY and 12 Factor principles, and partitioning amongst tiers as appropriate.
- Develop, socialize and document end-to-end software architectures and strategies for IFEC products, features, test automation and infrastructure
- Define and communicate clear goals for the architecture including the reasons it was chosen, key attributes, risks and how the architecture addresses them
- Interface with product teams on review of new features / products and provide guidance on the implications / work scope / feasibility / Dev Ops
- Review existing designs and identify / implement improvements to existing systems
- Socialize and promote the software architecture throughout the organization via discussions, presentations and documents/diagrams.
- Collaborate with development / test / integration / support teams on refinement/implementation/deployment of chosen architectures and frameworks
- Participate in design reviews to ensure alignment with the chosen architecture and recommended design patterns
- Evaluate upcoming technologies, stay current with industry best practices and adapt them into the system architecture as needed to enable the product roadmap
- Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts and demonstrations to evaluate new architecture / technologies on our systems
- Provide technical leadership to engineers in various areas of engineering
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in architecture, designing, development, implementation and production support of systems/applications
- 3+ years of experience with Mobile and web applications on Android, NodeJS, Angular, and ReactJS platforms
- A minimum of 5+ year’s architecture experience in Open Source Linux solutions such as Redhat, Ubuntu, Suse or similar.
- Knowledge and experience of systems design, architecture, implementing and maintaining Linux distributed systems including embedded systems
- Solid experience socializing and communicating architecture vision to multiple stakeholders
- Good understanding of different architectural patterns (such as service based, event based, micro services, distributed)
- Experience in varied topics such as: networking protocols, security protocols, distributed systems, high availability strategies, audio/video distribution, and e-commerce
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns, and abstraction methodologies
- Experience documenting architectures and familiar with related diagraming models (such as C4 model UML, sequence diagrams, …) including when and why each is used
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal / collaboration skills
- Knowledge and Experience of Scrum, Agile / Kanban is a plus
- Experience with AWS Cloud Computing and IoT a plus
- Use a consultative approach to influence other engineering teams
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.