Panasonic – Senior SCM Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Panasonic Procurement Corporation of America, PPA, located in Torrance, California is collaborating with Panasonic Energy of North America, PENA, and Tesla, Inc. in a large scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory produces cells which will expand to world No.1 scale production.
In addition, as press released in 2022, Panasonic have decided to build a new plant near Kansas City, Kansas as an initial step in our mid term expansion strategy toward 2030, and are currently establishing procurement processes and logistics infrastructure in preparation for the launch up of the new plant.
Our mission at PPA is to make the vision of Operational Excellence as procurement platform of Panasonic Group in North America by the greatest professionality of global supply chain management. Through this effort we will contribute to Panasonic manufacturing site in North America in terms of creating procurement scheme, buy and sell operation, global logistics, supplier management and development, and solution providing against all of procurement challenges.
To build and manage global procurement model for Panasonic factories with value added support and account management from receiving new orders, working with vendors and all parties involved to ensure procurement SCM and customer satisfaction.
What You'll Get To Do:
Primary Role and Responsibilities
Procurement Operation Management:
- Analyze customer needs and provide value added service to consolidate procurement functions of Panasonic factories to maximize efficiency.
- Control inventory and delivery, checking inventory and balance purchase order status, negotiating with suppliers and customers and cooperating with business associate, warehouse, logistics companies.
- Control logistics cost and business process cost referring to business rule.
- Summarize monthly P and L and balance sheet figures for each in charge account.
- Identify opportunities to improve, develop and expand the global procurement scheme through purchase and supply of raw materials.
- Communicate with business associates, customers, suppliers, logistics service providers, smoothly with problem solving mind.
- Utilize RPA method and Data Analytics to improve visibility of procurement status and issue.
- Provide solution for trade compliance and tariff strategy against political situation.
- Maintain the computer system master data, customer, vendor and product, including price, minimum order quantity, delivery lead time, etc.
- Ensure timely collection of account receivables from customers.
- Ensure timely payment of invoices to suppliers, freight and warehouse companies.
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- Prefer 3 to 5 years or more global procurement experience
- BA or BS in International Business preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite, particularly with Excel
- Position is located in Overland Park, Kansas
- Passion to create new solution of global procurement and supply chain
- Set challenging goals and Ability to perform well without close supervision
- Desire for self improvement
- Proactively act as Customer First
- Attention to details, multi tasking and organizational skills, rational and analytic thinking
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English, listening, speaking, writing and reading.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Japanese language skill is a plus.
- Overnight travel as business needs require
- Ability to work extended shifts, evenings and weekends as business needs require
- Team work spirit
- Try to perform and improve Creativity
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.