Business Development and New/Repurpose Product Development & Promotion
- Engages in and facilitates new business development with OEM’s in electrification products including batteries and other electrification products.
- Manage existing accounts and/or personnel responsible for existing accounts. This includes customer and overseas factory and design teams
- Work with the overseas factory and customers to develop new business opportunities and help establish and maintain roadmaps for electrified vehicle powertrains
Sales Forecasting, Planning and Reporting
- Provide short, mid and longer term sales/demand and spend forecasting for sales and production planning purposes monthly and annually, in support of the company mid-term (5 year) planning activity
- Support sample development and shipment
- Provides factory teams with new product and related technology trends and direction
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers
- Identify prospects for new and replacement business
- Identify any gaps in customer needs versus our offerings, and determine solutions
- Understand our competition and their strengths and weaknesses as it relates to customer needs and satisfaction
- Directs and monitors internal resources and systems to ensure product is shipped to the customer within agreed upon timeframe
- Identifies and establishes product and customer strategy and aligns internal resources to support strategy
- Effectively/professionally works with all levels of factory personnel to assure customer requirements are being met
Data & Information Management & Support
- Strong understanding and constant willingness to learn electrified powertrain customers, and the industry trends and share such information appropriately cross-functionally
- Support quotations, business case determination and the executive approval gate process (GPMP).
- Advise and direct RFQ strategy and process with factory, applicable cross-functional teams and other Sales team members and customer as appropriate
- Support collections, manage inventory to budgeted levels, minimize product obsolescence exposure
- Maintain reasonable profit margins and looks for opportunities for improvement
- As needed guide and support Account Managers in areas of operational budget, profitability, etc.
- Manages the business appropriately to meet growth and profitability targets
Reports and Presentations-New Technology
- Create new product and technology introductions, identifies prospects for new business, tailor presentations to customer needs, relating product to their business strategies.
- Make formal presentations to all customer levels including upper management.
- Completes special assignments and reports, and present as directed by management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for ISM management as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
- Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business.
- Must cooperate with the Company ISM Professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM Related Regulations.