Position may be responsible to create and promote new business growth across GM (General Motors) working with key customer contacts, products groups, and staff members. Directs the strategic sales and/or sales operations activities. Sales growth and management are primary objective of this position.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Leadership of Staff
- Leads and coaches inside sales member, account manager & Sr. managers and managers.
- Directs and establishes performance standards and reviews, discipline, incentive goals, employee training and development.
- Provides expert leadership/motivational skills to senior business unit managers and/or sales managers.
- Works with sales team to develop tactical sales objectives in order to increase revenues and maximize profitability within the group/division.
- Identifies and anticipates emerging new business opportunities that fit within the company’s core competencies. Works with directors and/or vice president to establish strategic priorities.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans that will increase market share in a specific division or group.
- Integrates strategic plans across both business and technical teams for maximum impact to growing market share.
- Formulates and implements division/group policies and goals and executes through senior sales business managers and/or sales managers.
Sales Forecasting and Reporting
- Oversees sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals for sales division.
- Prepares periodic executive sales reports showing current sales, potential sales and areas of proposed new business.
- Plays a vital role interfacing with North American and/or global automakers, commonly meeting with global commodity managers and up to Director levels.
- Identifies prospects for new or replacement business and probe customers to determine their business needs.
- Identifies potential opportunities for future products and services and provide customers with scope of opportunity.
- Understands customer expectations and how they are met, or missed, by our competition.
- Drives the strategic and tactical plans to deliver and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Directs and monitors internal resources and systems to ensure product is shipped to the customer within agreed upon timeframe.
- Establishes product and customer strategy and align internal resources to support strategy.
- Professionally works with all levels of factory personnel to assure customer requirements are being met.
Quotations and Pricing
- Directs RFQ strategy and process with factory, account & sales managers and customer.
- Maintains high visibility in price negotiations and renewals.
- Maintains minimum profit margin requirements.
- Oversees process to minimize / eliminate charge backs and to ensure accounts receivables are transacted in a timely and efficient manner. (E.g. customer collections)
- Completes P/L responsibility for the group including leading the internal and external commercial negotiations, GP, expenses and PSI.
- Guides and supports Account Managers in areas of operational budget.
- Leads the division appropriately to meet growth and profitability targets.
Reports and Presentations
- Leads or coordinates strategic customer presentations to align product development roadmaps and all new business.
- Makes formal presentations to all customer levels including upper management.
- High school diploma and ten (10) years of related experience; or two (2) years of college or technical training in business, marketing, technology, or engineering field and nine (9) years of related experience; or Bachelor's Degree in a related field and eight (8) years of related experience.
- Three (3) of the required years must be in automotive parts, systems, or components industry.
- Supervisory or leadership experience desired.
- Automotive systems or components industry experience.
- Prior Tier 1 sales experience with GM preferred.
- Must have a proven track record of developing new sales opportunities and closing negotiations.
- Expert understanding of customer and auto industry trends, developments and standards.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows based databases appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.