Responsible for providing the point contact at the customer location where assigned and provides escalation focus for problems and issues from the customer to the Company. May instruct and provide technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development or other processes.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Responsible for providing on-site engineering support and technical leadership for the assigned customer and assigned products, collaborating in all program phases from initial concept to program end.
- Works with Technicians, Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Customer Engineers and Sales Managers to act as the customer's advocate when issues and problems need to be escalated.
- Defines, organizes and chairs meetings between the company and the customer's engineers.
- Attends, and may chair, the customer's on site meetings when customer's operation group reviews performance and issues with the customer's network.
- Works with Panasonic quality engineers to diagnose and reduce warranty costs for assigned parts.
- In partnership with customer engineers and management, takes responsibility for the definition of customer and system by seeking clarification and approval from customer and liaising with a Panasonic System Engineer; maintains compliance with the customer's specifications; provides support for determination of local regulatory requirements.
- Fulfills co-located engineering responsibilities as designated in customer guidelines and ensures that the company complies with all customer requirements and expectations for co-location.
- Communicates customer program timing requirements and completion of program milestones to management. Ensures that all program steps comply with established customer program processes.
- Provides an interface to the Local plants during the start of production and leads troubleshooting efforts. Interfaces with on-site rep for non-local plants to provide the same leadership and guidance.
- Identifies and troubleshoots other quality and manufacturing issues.
- Coordinates and project manages upgrades and network migrations that involve Panasonic products at the customer's sites.
- Works with the customer to migrate the customer's network to the Panasonic product
- Utilizes engineering drawings, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), plastics, stampings, Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) methods, and Microsoft Office.
- Four-year college degree (BSEE, BSEET, BSCS, or BSME or related field) and five (5) years of experience OR; Applicable Technical School/Military equivalent and six (6) years minimum work experience.
- Specific experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate discipline to documentation and design approaches.
- Must have the ability to direct and coordinate manufacture or building of prototype products and systems.
- Must be able to determine component requirements appropriate to product.
- Must be proficient with engineering drawings, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), plastics, stampings, and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) methods.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows based databases appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.