Panasonic – Senior Quantitative Researcher
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Smart Mobility Office within Panasonic acts as an incubation engine to capture new opportunities and become a gamechanger in the rapidly transforming transportation industry. We are harnessing our own disruptive technologies to advance vehicle-to-everything (V2X) technology that transforms each vehicle into a true IoT device and leverages this data to revolutionize traffic management and safety on our roadways.
The Cirrus/V2X Analytics, Research, and Insights team represents the Voice of the Customer, serving as the single source for customer, market, technical, and competitive intelligence data and truth for the organization. By executing on this, we help the business to make more-informed, and therefore less risky, business decisions while ensuring our customers remain at the center of our decision-making process.
As the Sr. Quantitative Researcher, you will establish and build what the Quantitative Research discipline can be for the Cirrus/V2X team.
You will independently gather, assimilate, analyze, and present timely, relevant insights gleaned from quantitative data to a wide variety of stakeholders. You work will shape the strategic direction of our business by providing strategic recommendations that inform our marketing, business strategy, and product development decisions. In this role you’ll partner with Researchers, Designers, Product Owners, Data Scientists, Engineers, academics, and external stakeholders to identify deep insights and communicate them across the team and company. You’ll conduct generative and evaluative explorations to inform the Cirrus/V2X team
- Conceive, lead, and conduct research studies that drive strategic and tactical business and product decisions.
- Work with a wide range of business partners, particularly in analytics and product management, to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes, and iteratively design and test these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong.
- Find creative and compelling ways to present and showcase the insights throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more strategic organization.
- Define and execute (and, as necessary, invent) research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to surveys, A-B tests/experiments, etc.
- Lead the strategic growth of this discipline on the research team, building strong relationships with the Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Design teams.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Master’s or PhD in computational social sciences (e.g. economics, sociology, psychology), statistics, computer science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years conducting quantitative research in an applied industry setting
- Experience in quantitative research methods—including survey design and implementation, advocate, set up, and analyze analytics, apply descriptive and interferential statistics (t-test, ANOVA) when appropriate, modeling large datasets
- Broad experience with the full range of quantitative research methods: survey design & sampling, data analysis and statistical modeling (descriptive and inferential statistics), A/B testing & experimentation, with some experience in behavioral analytics
- Experience with programming language(s) commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics, i.e. SPSS. Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Experience with data visualization and analysis tools, i.e. Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Experience working with consumer analytics and insights, i.e. satisfaction, retention, churn, loyalty, etc.
- Preferred experience working in an agile product environment
- Preferred experience mentoring junior team members in advanced analytics
- Self-starter with a desire to tackle complex business problems by collaborating with both partners and peers
- A true team player – flexible about your role
- Insatiable curiosity and lifelong learner
- Comfortable in a fast pace environment with changing or ambiguous requirements
- Strong analytical skills and good intuition with numbers, connecting the dots, synthesizing disparate information sources and sometimes contradictory learning
- Is an innovator who wants to improve the world for others
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems
- Knowledge of design thinking, human centered design
- Radically candid with the ability to challenge the status quo and current thinking
- Desire, willingness, and ability to teach and mentor others
- Highly collaborative
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
- Communicate in a way that is easily understood and visually compelling, persuading partners to turn insight into action and actively work to influence the adoption of the recommendations.
- Ability to travel to customer locations as required of the position. Up to 25% annually
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.