Panasonic – Senior Project Manager
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Connected mobility technology is poised to radically transform the safety, efficiency, accessibility and long-term financial viability of the transportation industry. Panasonic’s Smart Mobility Office is developing cutting edge data aggregation and insights platform capabilities dedicated to manage public resources for the public good through a commitment of data standards and open source software housed in the Cloud that brings together the digital and physical worlds to make mobility safer, efficient and more accessible. As government agencies look for new and innovative ways to positively impact the safety of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers, Panasonic’s SMO tests, develops and launches technology that provides real-time situational awareness such as crashed and disabled vehicles, adverse weather events, and much more.
The Panasonic Smart Mobility Office is poised to leverage our work in connected mobility services to co-develop in partnership with public agencies data collection and aggregation systems to test and operationalize modern transportation revenue generation systems based on use of the publicly funded transportation assets, primarily roads.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
For more information on the Panasonic Smart Mobility Office: https://na.panasonic.com/us/smart-mobility
What you will get to do:
This position plays a pivotal role in managing and leading the day-to-day activities of new strategic business project pursuit(s) within the Panasonic Smart Mobility Office. Key responsibilities include engaging with potential customers and strategic partners to develop, drive and deliver proposals and ultimately solutions that are aligned to their needs and desired outcomes. Because this role will be the tactical single point of contact for the overall strategic approach, partnership development, timelines, and development of proposed scope, schedule and budget, customer/strategic partnership engagement and relationship management skills are critical.
- Develop, Operationalize & Manage Proposal(s) / Ongoing Project(s)
- Lead team through the proposal response process to best communicate value and differentiate our offering from competitors; identify strategic partnerships; create and integrate win themes into compelling proposal narrative
- Supports strategy development across the project approach, proposal development, project initiation and throughout project implementation
- Partner with public agency customers and strategic partners to solidify the team, gain alignment on approach, cross-functional stakeholders, roles, responsibilities, resource commitments, and communication
- Owns all targeted documentation that will inform proposals and ultimately ongoing project initiation and project management including Project Management Plan, Project Schedule, Risks, Issues, Action Items, and Decisions Log, Meeting Agendas, Meeting Minutes and dashboards (in compliance with the SMO methodology)
- Responsible for proposal pursuit and project launch which could include: program budget reporting, current spend, forecasted spend, and the ability to make recommendations on budget adjustments to avoid overruns
- Assess changing priorities and impacts to scope, schedule and cost through proper change control.
- Continually ensures alignment of the overall team and program to deliver value and realize customer needs
Internal & External Team Engagement / Communication:
- Serves as the team lead across internal and external partners and a trusted advisor to the customer; assures that all voices are heard
- Ability to present to all levels of management to successfully facilitate all customer/partner-facing meetings as outlined in the customer/partnership engagement Develops team and customer dashboards to capture KPI’s on proposed program/project metrics in coordination with all project/program team members
- Develops and understands proposed customer and team touch points and coordination within the delivery lifecycle in order to provide guidance and support for all Customer Success Team interactions
- Interfaces early and often with the Panasonic Smart Mobility Office Team on proposed approach and product/solution development and releases against customer engagement commitments and timelines
- Ability to proactively identify indicators of strengths, weaknesses and risks and recommend strategic partnerships and/or strategies to address and develop a holistic approach to meet customer needs
- Proactive, customer-focused, team-oriented mindset and customer engagement best practices for adoption across all team members
Smart Mobility Office Collaboration:
- Embraces and applies guiding principles to internal and external customers and partners
- Involvement in internal initiatives to grow and evolve the SMO processes and services for repeatability, predictability and scalability
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to ensure the product roadmap aligns with broader business objectives and influence those objectives through product and market expertise
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Progressive experience in project / program development and management in innovative approaches to improve transportation and mobility
- Experience developing and managing project / program teams, scope, and budgets both direct and indirect reports
- Experience working with government agency customers and industry stakeholders and partners specifically in transportation
- Knowledge of public sector transportation revenue issues and opportunities, intelligent transportation systems, Smart Cities and IoT industries
- Experience in B2B and/or B2G opportunity capture and conversion
- Organizational skillset to lead and manage a team through long-cycle procurements and proposal response process (RFQ, RFP, etc.)
- Must have experience with project management tools including MS Project, Smartsheets and MS Office
- Experience with working with OEMs
- Experience working in mixed Agile/Waterfall model and understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMP certification
- Proven leadership to guide projects through successful development, execution and completion
- Passion for the big picture and effectiveness in the details necessary to get there
- Self-starter—always looking for opportunities to improve something and will jump in to fix things without being asked;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to stakeholders at all levels
- An independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary;
- Effective analytical, decision-making, project management, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Flourishes in ambiguity;
- Negotiation skills
- Risk management
- Organization and planning skills
- Customer and team focus
- Majority of SMO located in Denver, Colorado. Will consider local and remote candidates
- Travel post-Covid up to 35%.
What We Offer:
The pay for this position is expected to start at $118,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.