Panasonic – Senior Project Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Connected vehicles, along with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (collectively known as V2X) are poised to radically transform the transportation industry. CIRRUS by Panasonic is a data aggregation and insights platform born in the Cloud that bridges the digital and physical worlds. The need for this bridge is becoming increasingly more important for Departments of Transportation and their Transportation Operation Centers and will directly impact the safety and efficiency of drivers on our roadways
Click here to learn more about the Panasonic CIRRUS platform.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position plays a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day activities of large-scale programs and projects within the Panasonic CityNOW organization for Smart Mobility. Key responsibilities include leading customer engagements to drive and deliver solutions that are aligned to their business vision and defined goals. Because this role will be the tactical single point of contact for overall program timelines, deliverables, scope, schedule and budget, customer engagement and relationship management skills are critical.
- Understands the scope of overall engagement to ensure delivery against statement of work
- Serves as the first point of escalation for issues that arise from project initiation to installation and product acceptance
- Partners with customers to gain alignment on cross-functional stakeholders, roles, responsibilities, resource commitments, communication and operating cadence
- Ability to present to all levels of management to successfully facilitate all customer-facing meetings as outlined in the customer engagement
- Owns all project management artifacts and documentation including Project Management Plan, Project Schedule, Risks, Issues, Action Items, and Decisions Log, Meeting Agendas, Meeting Minutes and dashboards
- Responsible for overall program budget reporting, current spend, forecasted spend, and the ability to make recommendations on budget adjustments to avoid overrun
- Assess changing priorities and impacts to scope, schedule and cost through proper change control.
- Continually ensures alignment of the overall program value is being delivered and realized by customers
- Serves as the onsite trusted advisor to the customer
- Serves as liaison between customer and internal Panasonic team for any and all communications
Internal Team Engagement:
- Serves as the voice of the customer
- Interfaces early and often with the Panasonic Engineering Team on product releases against customer engagement commitments and timelines
- Owns assigned customer dashboards that captures KPI’s on program budgets, phases, key milestones, risks, issues and overall customer health and reports out to all internal teams
- Understands all customer touch points within the delivery lifecycle in order to provide guidance and support for all Customer Success Team interactions with the customer
- Ability to proactively identify indicators of at-risk accounts and recommend mitigation strategies for resolution with the internal team
- Evangelizes a proactive, customer-focused mindset and customer engagement best practices for internal adoption
Program Management Office (PMO):
- Embraces and applies the PMO guiding principles to internal and external customers
- Involvement in internal initiatives to grow and evolve the PMO processes and services for repeatability, predictability and scalability
- Responsible for keeping all project artifacts in compliance with the PMO methodology
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience in program management and management consulting delivering SaaS solutions
- Experience managing program budgets of at least $2M annually
- Experience working in mixed Agile/Waterfall model and understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Must have experience with project management tools including MS Project, Smartsheets and MS Office
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMP certification a plus
- Experience working with government agency customers specifically in transportation a plus
- Knowledge of intelligent transportation systems, Smart Cities and IoT industries a plus
- Ability to travel onsite to customers (20%)
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.