As Senior Program Manager, you will build multi-regional, cross-functional teams to achieve desired results within budget, at, to specified quality, cost and functionality requirements, and within the overall program schedule. You will also support the development of organizational processes to improve program execution speed and effectiveness, including analyzing and supporting correction of systemic and/or organizational gaps.
- Manage strategic IT programs and ensure program objectives are met on budget, on time, and with required quality and functionality. Key job functions include:
- Leading global cross functional teams to meet program objectives
- Lead the delivery of new products through the Hussmann IT process
- Support process improvement activities with Hussmann Business Transformation Leader
- Drive cross-functional accountability of IT programs to deliver new products and processes for the Retail business; Assess programs cross-functional resource requirements and proactively engage sponsors and functional leaders to fill resource gaps on a timely basis to insure project success
- Present IT Programs at regular Executive Program Review meetings; Manage expectations of senior management through early disclosure of risks/issues; Engage program sponsors proactively for their support
- Assess IT Program deliverables, risks and timing; Use critical path management methodologies to manage Schedule, Scope and Resource requirements; Lead scheduling and planning efforts to build detailed resource loaded project plans, and maintain plans throughout the project to provide accurate planned vs actual vs forecasted data to stakeholders
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
- Build efficient, realistic plans and detailed actions to achieve objectives; Sets priorities effectively and organizes information; Delegates work and coordinates resources to maximize results; Proven ability to manage projects and holds self and others accountable to project milestones and results
- Takes accountability for getting work done; is resourceful in identifying creative solutions to difficult problems
- Demonstrates effective consulting, negotiating, and persuasive skills to diverse audiences, promoting constructive confrontation and issue resolution; Presents information in a clear and accurate manner
- Strong business acumen; Ability to drive strategy, influence practices, processes and policies that result in competitive advantage; Continuously works to improve value through process improvement
- Understands customer and market demands; proactively ensure customer requirements translate into program requirements, responds promptly to customer needs and advocates resolution of issues important to stakeholders
- Strong skills leading cross functional teams with ability to influence and create action with no direct reporting responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent technical experience is required; Masters Degree and PMI-PMP or PMI-SP certification strongly preferred
- A minimum of 7 years leading projects
- A minimum of 10 years business experience
- Experience working in two or more functional areas; IT, Project Management, Engineering, Finance and/or Operations.
- Must have Microsoft Project Expertise, and hands-on skill required for daily use
- Experience running cross functional projects is required
- Global project management experience is required
- IT product implementation experience is required
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career.
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non merit-based factor.