Panasonic – Sr. Analyst, Procurement & Process Optimization
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
This position supports value generation sourcing and process improvement initiatives to optimize Panasonic Corporation of North America’s (PNA) third party spend across both direct and indirect categories. The ideal candidate will possess: 1). 5+ years of experience leading strategic sourcing and operational/value generating initiatives 2). knowledge and expertise across various direct and indirect categories and 3). the strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as a change agent.
- Conduct analysis in Excel, Tableau and other BI tools to support procurement activities including spend analytics, budget analysis, bid analysis, etc.
- Leverage spend analytics to identify consolidation opportunities; understand total cost of ownership and cost drivers, analyze product/service specifications to identify rationalization opportunities; analyze demand and spend to identify patterns and reduction opportunities
- Analyze market intelligence to build business cases and should cost models to identify and quantify improvement opportunities for both sourcing and non- sourcing – e.g., demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, etc.
- Gather requirements and specifications from business and category experts to ensure that proposed solutions meet business needs
- Execute strategic sourcing projects utilizing best practice sourcing methodology to deliver exceptional total cost value and supply assurance
- Assess supplier capabilities and identify new sources of supply
- Develop sourcing strategies based on baseline data, market dynamics and business requirements
- Manage the planning and launch of RFx events, leveraging eSourcing tools; execute eAuctions as appropriate
- Analyze complex bidding and award scenarios leveraging multi bid analysis model to facilitate fact based supplier selection
- Supports negotiation strategy development and execution Develop transition plan to new supplier and support implementation
- Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Review contract terms and work with suppliers, stakeholders, and PNA departments such as Risk Management and Legal to ensure PNA’s terms and conditions are accurately met.
- Develop, produce and deliver supplier information and metrics to all levels of management, thereby ensuring SLAs and/or KPIs are met.
- Track and properly allocate procurement savings and costs to divisional budgets.
What You’ll Bring:
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., Supply Chain, Business, STEM) required
- MBA and other relevant degree /certification (e.g., ISM CPSM, six sigma) highly desirable
- 5+ years of relevant experience e.g., consulting, procurement, supply chain
- Expert level analytics and financial skills
- Experience with opportunity diagnostic, strategic sourcing, commodity management, supplier management, and contract management
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset, proactive and innovative
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of technology applications enabling procurement and strategic sourcing
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Tableau required
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive with a continuous improvement mentality
- Thrives in fast paced, goal oriented, dynamic organization with time sensitive deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management internally and external suppliers.
- Provides timely and effective written and verbal communications relating to simple and complex ideas
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.