We are looking for a Senior Network Architect who will be an integral part our global communication network engineering team. The network architect will enable Panasonic in flight communication growth at a large scale and is the IP foundation for our next generation satellite multimedia communication service.
In this role, you should be forward thinking with a big picture vision to the next generation network and service architecture, have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network systems. You are a subject matter expert in the realms of network, network security, and traffic shaping knowledge domains. Further, you will contribute within the highest tier of technical escalation support to our operations teams. This role will require a working understanding of Routers, Switches, Firewall, DDOS, Proxy, Traffic Shaper, Content and URL filter, AAA, RADIUS/Diameter, and security controller, automation/scripting, API implementation/integration, requirements gathering and design.
- Architect, design, evaluate and test solutions pertaining to routers, switches, firewalls, traffic shaping, content filtering, policy enforcement, and access control.
- Research future technology and solutions for next generation network infrastructure and services, work with a team of network architects to set technical direction for future network.
- Create architectural proposal, design, evaluation test plan, and configuration standard documents.
- Test router, switch, firewall, network access control, AAA and traffic shaping function and performance, include new architecture proof of concept test, change procedure test, upgrade regression test.
- Collaborate with operation teams to make sure related standards and procedures are followed.
- Provide configuration and troubleshoot training to operation teams.
- Provide tier-4 escalation support to operation teams, on call on a rotational basis.
- JNCIE or CCIE level of network engineering or operation knowledge and experience.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience on Juniper MX, QFX, SRX, Cisco ASR1K, Nexus9K, ASA/Firepower, Gigamon
- Strong knowledge and working experience with RADIUS, Diameter, access control, DPI, policy control, content filter, traffic shape and policy enforcement.
- BSD/Unix/Linux system administrator or engineering experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Ansible a plus.
- Knowledge of content management/version control/source code management solutions.
- Experience in IT security, DDoS mitigation and auditing a plus
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills.
- Described by others as self-motivated, self-reliant, self-starting, go-getter, with an attitude of ownership, and strong desire to learn.
- Works well in an engineering environment that requires communication and collaboration with fellow team members, and cross function teams.
Bachelor’s degree in technical field required.
More than 10 years of experience in IP network and network security engineering design, and implementation as applied to complex computing systems. More than 5 years of restful API development or Python automation scripting experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays to respond to customer needs and requirements. Normal office and lab environment. No heavy lifting or extreme physical labor is required.
10-20% travel will be required depending on the phase of each project.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-SR2