Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Leads the design, development, modification, and evaluation of mechanical hardware components and systems for electronic assemblies.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Reviews customer specifications, prepare part cost and effort estimates for new product developments.
- Determines component requirements appropriate for to
- Uses CAD and CAE software and equipment to design and simulate mechanical components and systems.
- Will prepare simulation reports, mechanical drawings, product and system related specifications, and Bills of Material (BOM).
- Releases drawings to purchasing team for quotation and ordering.
- Works with suppliers to negotiate design details related to part manufacturing processes.
- Directs and coordinates manufacture or building of prototype products and systems.
- Supports manufacturing groups for new product launch and current product activities.
- Plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development.
- Generates and analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information to support internal and external projects.
- Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of five (5) years of experience; or a minimum of Ten (10) years of mechanical design experience in electronics products applying plastic injection , metal stamping and/or metal molding concepts.
- Experience to include three (3) years of experience in a high volume electronics manufacturing environment.
- Experience in automotive infotainment or electronic product design.
- Experience in Thermal CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) analysis, preferred with ANSYS IcePak for electronics packing.
- Exposure to injection molding, die cast and stamped sheet metal tooling and processes
- NX or Catia 3-D CAD experience required.
- Stack-Up Tolerance experience with assemblies required.
- Must possess good understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Windows-based databases as appropriate to the position and assignment
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with customers and team members.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance & Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalks Speaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.