Panasonic – Senior Market Researcher
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
Connected mobility technology is poised to radically transform the safety, efficiency, accessibility and long-term financial viability of the transportation industry. Panasonic’s Smart Mobility Office is developing cutting edge data aggregation and insights platform capabilities dedicated to manage public resources for the public good through a commitment of data standards and open source software housed in the Cloud that brings together the digital and physical worlds to make mobility safer, efficient and more accessible. As government agencies look for new and innovative ways to positively impact the safety of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers, Panasonic’s SMO tests, develops and launches technology that provides real-time situational awareness such as crashed and disabled vehicles, adverse weather events, and much more.
The Panasonic Smart Mobility Office is poised to leverage our work in connected mobility services to co-develop in partnership with public agencies data collection and aggregation systems to test and operationalize modern transportation revenue generation systems based on use of the publicly funded transportation assets, primarily roads.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Senior Innovation Researcher, you will be on the cutting edge of exploring new and emerging opportunities for the Smart Mobility Office.
You will conduct market research studies to identify and understand emerging transportation markets, being vigilant to new business opportunities. You will gather, analyze, and present actionable consumer, market, and competitor insights to a wide variety of stakeholders. Your work will shape the strategic direction of our business by providing strategic recommendations that inform our marketing, business strategy, and product development decisions.
You love innovation. You love research and insights. You ask a lot of questions… always. You are a flexible team player who thrives in ambiguity. You aren’t afraid to “roll up your sleeves” and get things done. You value intellectual honesty and are not afraid to stand behind your insights. You believe a lot can be learned from qualitative research. You love technology and innovation (and probably geek out when new things get released). You have experience conducting generative and exploratory research studies that have helped companies launch new products or services. You love learning about new things and have experience conducting interviews in the B2B space. You have a knack for distilling complex and ambiguous things into clear and compelling visualizations.
This position will be accountable to the Director of NextLab, but will report to the Director of Analytics, Research, and Insights.
Independently conceive, lead, and conduct qualitative studies that drive strategic and tactical marketing, business, and product decisions
- Create clear and compelling market research storylines that are strategically sound and emotionally provocative to inform business strategy, the development of product roadmaps, enhance marketing efforts, drive engineering efforts, and provide early warning for strategic course corrections;
- Develop a deep understanding of the transportation landscape including, but not limited to, products, markets, competitors, etc., and develop frameworks to synthesize this understanding into insights for the business, e.g. segmentation models, competitive analysis, etc.
- Lead innovation and design workshops with cross-functional partners to convert insights into action.
- Develop comprehensive research plans designed to explore, and subsequently validate, business or product opportunities.
- Identify and explore white space opportunities in the connected mobility space.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Market Research, Psychology, Social Science, or related field (bonus for a Master’s);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience conducting market research in a technology-related field;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct end-to-end research studies
- Deep understanding, and experience with, leading-edge qualitative research methodologies and technologies to deliver consumer and market insights;
- Market research, consumer insights, or related experience in either a supplier-side or client-side environment strong consumer focus;
- Experience conducting B2B market research a plus;
- Experience with Design Thinking;
- Experience managing vendors relationships a plus;
- Proficient in methodological design (including approach, protocol, survey/questionnaire and output/deliverables)
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships across an organization to align insights to each line of business and ensure research projects meet today and future business needs.
- It would be a bonus if you understand and are able to implement the “Jobs to be Done” framework to articulate opportunities and business strategies within existing customers and future ones, grounded in data and insights
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Self-starter—always looking for opportunities to improve something and will jump in to fix things without being asked;
- An expert storyteller with the ability to influence business decisions;
- An independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary;
- Flourishes in ambiguity;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to think both analytically and creatively—balance left and right brain—people person as well as data person.
- Majority of team sits in Denver, Colorado. Will consider remote candidates.
- Travel for research post-Covid up to 35%.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.